Already at healthy weight... still need support

Options
lmvolk
lmvolk Posts: 51 Member
I never seem to get much support for trying to MAINTAIN a healthy weight. But it really is pretty hard to do. Over the last two years I have added 10-15 unhealthy pounds and don't want to add any more. I keep gaining and losing the top five pounds, and can't get back to the weight I felt most comfortable at.
Because I am in the middle of my healthy weight zone, people don't think I need to watch what I eat.

Replies

• NancyHukka
    Options
    I get it! I've been told I'm too skinny, haven't I gone too far? You know at 140# at 5'4", no, I just made it into the healthy weight range for my height. I'm proud of what I've done, and would like to stay this way. Yes, I do now and will always have to pay attention to what I'm eating. Yes, I do now and will always need to exercise regularly. We can do it! Keep up the good work:smile:
  • KadieA
    KadieA Posts: 167
    Options
    I know exactly how you feel! I lost about 15-20lbs between winter of 2009 and spring of 2010, moved to Virginia and gained it all back! Some people don't understand that while you are healthy you loved the way you were when you were 15-20lbs lighter.
    Dont feel discouraged though! I keep feeling like I've lost weight but it's not going anywhere. Im going to start doing Zumba every day and cardio and strength training twice a week (Zumba has enough cardio as it is lol).

Good luck!
  • luv2workout
    Options
    I agree ... my "non-fitness" friends (who I still love dearly) just don't see to understand my fitness goals.
    We can help motivate each other :)
  • NancyHukka
    Options
    Hi again! I just found another topic on the message board shoot I can't remember exactly, but something about just needing to lose a few pound. We certainly are not in this boat alone.