Hello from Ohio....cough couch Sugar Bowl Champs!

Options
Hi my name is Gary. I live in Ohio. Married with a beautiful wife and 3 great kids. I'm here to lose my final 59 lbs. I had bypass surgery in 10/28/09 and have lost 200lbs. I'm trying to hit my goal of 210 by June 1st. I'm just beginning to work out with free weights in an attempt to tone and build some muscle. I feel great. Its been a great journey. Looking forward to meeting new friends. Feel free to add me! I had a quote from a song that has nothing to do with weight loss, "Its a new day" by Will.I. AM> I know its about the trials of African Americans however it fit with my weight loss journey. For 2011 my new thought that is getting my by is this, "t's easy to count the apples on an apple tree. Its difficult to count the trees in an apple." It speaks to me about the potential that lies within each one of us. I pray each and every person on here will unlock the potential that lies within them and allows them to achieve and surpass the goals they have set for themselves. My life has been forever changed. I enjoy each new day God brings my way.

Drop me a line. Oh Yeah has anyone purchased the Biggest Loser for Kinect? I'm really interested but didn't know much about it or heard any personal testimonies. Hit me up!

Replies

• CarolHudson11
    Options
    Hello and Welcome! And from a true SEC fan (MY team plays Monday night against some ducks! haha), Congrats on the win last night. I watched that game - hooo.....! LOL
  • KadieA
    KadieA Posts: 167
    Options
    O-H!

hahaha, awesome! I missed the game but glad they won!

Good luck on your weight lost journey!
  • mlally1014
    mlally1014 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    A warm welcome to you also from Ohio (Northern). Congrats on the huge accomplishment so far.
  • ickybella
    ickybella Posts: 1,438 Member
    Options
    Aww, I'm loving seeing the people from Ohio here. I'm from Ohio but living in the UK so you'll have to excuse me while I get all sentimental on you all. :) Welcome! Good luck.
  • ckbutler
    ckbutler Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Go Bucks!! FINALLY!!! HAHA!!

Congrats on your achievements so far. Love the apple quote! Hope this new year brings you to your goal!
  • NancyHukka
    Options
    I'm not computer savvy. I can reply to folks. How do I introduce myself?
  • ckbutler
    ckbutler Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    BTW - An Ohio-ian living in Indiana. GO BUCKS!
  • Gary6030
    Gary6030 Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    I see that you have butler in your username. My last name is Butler
  • Gary6030
    Options
    If you go to message boards under community. You should see this post called Introduce yourself. You can post a new thread there!
  • LoriT129
    LoriT129 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP from a GATOR fan living in Alabama! (I bet just saying GATOR has raised your blood pressure and made you burn about 100 calories... LOL) Good luck on your journey. You have a great attitude and have accomplished much already!
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP from a GATOR fan living in Alabama! (I bet just saying GATOR has raised your blood pressure and made you burn about 100 calories... LOL) Good luck on your journey. You have a great attitude and have accomplished much already!
    :grumble: trouble maker

:laugh:
  • LoriT129
    LoriT129 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    :grumble: trouble maker

:laugh:

LOL...I was thinking instiGATOR! LOL
  • revphillips
    revphillips Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hello and Welcome! And from a true SEC fan (MY team plays Monday night against some ducks! haha), Congrats on the win last night. I watched that game - hooo.....! LOL

OSU is 1-9 against the SEC now... so they have that :P (Coming from an SEC TIGER :D)

Good luck with your weight loss journey - I love your quotes - you can do this!
  • MelissaL582
    MelissaL582 Posts: 1,422 Member
    Options
    Hi and Welcome! GO BUCKS! Awesome game last night.
  • Gary6030
    Options
    The gators....vaguely.......are they tennis or volleyball? I can never remember. Must be my age.
  • julevasquez
    julevasquez Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hello! I am also from Ohio. Congrats on your 200lb loss! That's a huge feat!
  • csmithlee
    Options
    Hello from northwest ohio!! I'm back on the wagon. (gained 5 lbs over christmas break:grumble: ) Congrats on your amazing weight loss! I hope to reach mine by this summer. Good luck!