New to the site.

Options
Hello all,

I am here to gain inspiration and also to give myself some accountability when it comes to sticking through my diet and exercising. For too long I have tried to diet, eat healthier / smaller portions, and exercised for a week then quit soon after. That has been my journey for all of my adult life when it comes to my weight.

So now I am on here, reading others stories, seeking advice and setting personal goals for what a want to achieve. My starting weight 2 weeks ago was 143kg (315lbs) since then I joined a local 24hr gym and have been visiting it 5 times a week. I have restricted my calorie intake to between 1200 to 1500 a day and have resisted the urge not to just cave in and buy something I will regret.

2 weeks later i've lost around 7kg (15lbs), I am extremely happy with the results and feel really good, and excited to wake up at 4am and go to the gym before work. Never thought I would ever say that before :). I would love to get some advice on how I should take things from here, my goal weight is 100kg (220lbs) so I have a long journey ahead of me but I am staying positive and focused. My mornings in the gym starts with a brisk walk with a little jogging for 2km then a 5km on a stationary bike, followed by some weight training, average time spent at the gym is around 60 mins.

Please add me as a friend as I am new I don't have anyone as of yet and would make me feel more at home on here, I too will be trying to keep others motivated during this long journey.

Wayne~

Replies

• sus49
    sus49 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Hi Wayne!

Welcome. Weight loss is grueling because to lose it and keep it off requires such patience and perseverance. It can be very very frustrating. But if set your mind to do it and with all of us to help cheer you on, you can attain your goal. Be patient and persistant and you will succed. AND DO NOT get impatient and give up, because THAT WONT WORK!

If you would like to add me as a friend, please do. I enjoy cheering others on and I find being cheered on helps get me through the long plateaus between weight losses!
  • inspiredah4p
    inspiredah4p Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Wow! That's amazing well done :D that's exactly how I've been I've lost count of the times I've started dieting and given up after less than a week. I don't even have that much to lose (maybe 10 pounds) but I seem to have no long term motivation. Your post was so inspiring though so I'm really feeling positive this time :) good luck and stay strong
  • waynewillis212
    Options
    Thank you @sus49 and @inspiredah4p for your kind words and motivation :)
  • lucful
    lucful Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hi Wayne. The starting and stopping thing is a killer for me. I technically am not even new...just a former "lurker" who does/did a crummy job of keeping track of my progress.

I have lupus and had a hellava scare this past April ending up a week in the hospital on bedrest. Gaing a lot of weight. From fluids, hospital food, lack of exercise and my new super medications. As soon as I got out, I was in here on MFP. I lost all the fluid weight I gained plus some and AM GOING TO CONTINUE. We all can do it. Friend me if you'd. Like...I'm no guru, but I try to be motivated to a better healthier lifestyle b/c my life really does depend on it.
  • waynewillis212
    Options
    @lucful, So sorry to hear about your scare recently. But I am very happy that your feeling better now and back into the lifestyle. :D