Should I change my activity level?

Options
jessie62993
jessie62993 Posts: 27 Member
Right now my activity level is set at the very lowest it can be, because during the school year I was not very active. (I would walk to the bus stop and then walk to and from classes, but that is about it--- a couple blocks max a day). So now that it is summer I have a job as a housekeeper. I can be on my feet anywhere from 3 to 8 hours a day Monday through Friday and it is not light cleaning....it is scrubbing and going up/down stairs carrying a vacuum or bucket of water. So my activity level definitely has gone up. However, it is not always consistent.

Should I change my activity level? Track my cleaning for that day (I would not use MFP's estimated calories burned for this---it seems too high.) What do you think?

Replies

• MuscleHeadNerd74
    MuscleHeadNerd74 Posts: 1,930 Member
    Options
    Hi and yes you should record your days you work it would help out also keep in mind metabolism plays a big role so make sure to keep that in check....And honestly take all the knowledge and info in and just see what works best for you.... IF is also good to use just not all the time and carb cycling. . Also there is foods that help with your metabolism and remember use short high intensity burst training for cardio it is scientificly proven to burn more fat.... just read up and let me know how your progress is going hope that helped
  • Chris_Pierce
    Chris_Pierce Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    On work days you can add "cleaning" in the cardio section of your exercise log.

Edit: I should have read more closely. I'd start with Mfp numbers, stay really strict with your logging and see if you are losing more or gaining more than you should. Adjust accordingly.
  • PJPrimrose
    PJPrimrose Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    You could try raising your activity level and add 100 calories a week and see what happens. Sometimes if you jump up in calories suddenly you'll get a fake weight gain of water weight.
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    Vote for increased activity level, Active, not Lightly Active.

Lightly Active is school teacher, standing, moving sometimes, or waitress on short shift.
    All day heavy cleaning is more than that. Your sit down driving time is when others on desk jobs are getting up to walk a little bit - and they hit Lightly Active just doing that.
  • dimplezbabie77
    Options
    What would you call an activity level of a server on a long busy Friday and Saturday night since they do not have one? Just curious since we are talking about it here and Im new :)
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    What would you call an activity level of a server on a long busy Friday and Saturday night since they do not have one? Just curious since we are talking about it here and Im new :)

I'd suggest Lightly Active if that's 12 hrs including the cleanup time afterwards.

The job is much more active than that description, but much shorter too.

What's the other 45 hrs of the week during traditional work time?