How many calories do you 'leave' yourself for dinner?

Options
124»

Replies

• manda1978
    manda1978 Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    No offence intended but what are you guys having for dinner that totals 1000+cals?

I have a piece of lean protein and salad/veg, that does me fine. I can't get my head around 1000cal in a meal :|
  • SuperC_85
    SuperC_85 Posts: 393
    Options
    No offense intended but what are you guys having for dinner that totals 1000+cals?

I have a piece of lean protein and salad/veg, that does me fine. I can't get my head around 1000cal in a meal :|

Well usually my dinners are a big meat and starches and veg.
    Last nights dinner was 1279 calories: Homemade Tortillas, 250gram chicken breast with skin, sauces and veggies :smile:
    My dinners are pretty much NEVER under 1000cals, unless Im eating a veggie soup lol
  • Jruzer
    Jruzer Posts: 3,501 Member
    Options
    I aim to have 1500-1800 kcal available for dinner and evening snacks, but I'm close to maintenance. Dinner is typically 600, depending on what the lovely and talented chef chooses to make. I go heavy on evening snacks because that's when I like to eat.
    No offence intended but what are you guys having for dinner that totals 1000+cals?

- Reuben sandwiches with french fries
    - Burgers and onion rings
    - Barbecue ribs and baked potatoes
    - Homemade macaroni and cheese
    - Lasagna and garlic bread

Adding in a beer or two with dinner helps bring the calorie count up also.
  • 12by311
    12by311 Posts: 1,719 Member
    Options

steak, baked potato (with butter, sour cream), salad, and ice cream for dessert. GET IN MY BELLAY!
  • PrimroseFlower
    PrimroseFlower Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I'm a teacher and at school most of the day. I eat my breakfast, snacks, and lunch at school. Sometimes, I go overboard and screw myself and don't have anything left for dinner...and then I eat anyway and feel guilty. Then I vow to do better the next day. But most of the time I try to eat about 800-1,000 calories at school, and then about 800 when I get home. I set my calorie budget to 1800 at a goal to lose 1/2 a pound per week. I just feel uncomfortable when I eat only 1200-1500 per day.:grumble:
  • PrimroseFlower
    PrimroseFlower Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    1000 calorie meal? - ok here it goes - two pieces of fried chicken, mashed potatoes and gravy, corn on the cob, buttermilk honey biscuit, and an apple pie. (and maybe a little sweet tea) nom! :ohwell:
  • Pirate_chick
    Pirate_chick Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    I generally have 400-600 left by dinner.
  • tomwatso
    tomwatso Posts: 1,304 Member
    Options
    I am at maintenance. I can eat 2500 calories. I leave about 800 to 1000 calories for my dinner.