Jillian Michaels vs P90x - an completely unscientific study

Options
fryfat
fryfat Posts: 36 Member
I do P90x and have been doing it on and off for years now. My partner swears by Jillian Michaels.

We recently tried working out together. The first night we both did Jillian, (I believe it was 30 day shred) and about 20 minutes in I had to start taking breaks at the ends of reps, while my partner cruised along.

No big deal I thought, she'd been doing those exercises forever so of course she'd be better than me.

Today we did P90x together, and my partner had no issues. She was pushing as much weight as the woman on the screen. Even more, during the "ab ripper x" workout following the main workout, she had much better form and basically kicked my butt.

Jillian, I'm sorry for ever underestimating you. Please don't roundhouse kick me.

Replies

• 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    post-28369-Cheryl-Cole-ok-eye-roll-gif-wh-qoxX.gif
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options

^Agreed
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    P90x, off and on you say? No chance your lady friend is just more consistent?
  • fryfat
    Options
    Probably a big chance :) I just thought she'd be blown away by p90x, especially plyo. Nope.
  • fryfat
    Options
    JJ7gj.gif
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    I do P90x and have been doing it on and off for years now. My partner swears by Jillian Michaels.

We recently tried working out together. The first night we both did Jillian, (I believe it was 30 day shred) and about 20 minutes in I had to start taking breaks at the ends of reps, while my partner cruised along.

No big deal I thought, she'd been doing those exercises forever so of course she'd be better than me.

Today we did P90x together, and my partner had no issues. She was pushing as much weight as the woman on the screen. Even more, during the "ab ripper x" workout following the main workout, she had much better form and basically kicked my butt.

Jillian, I'm sorry for ever underestimating you. Please don't roundhouse kick me.

moral of the story... girls are better than boys... /thread :laugh: