Looking for low fat/high protein Magic Bullet Recipes

Options
Soooze
Soooze Posts: 122 Member
Hi! I received a Magic Bullet for Xmas and I really want to start using it for breakfast and afternoon snack (at work). Anybody out there have AMAZING recipes they couldn't live without? I would like low fat and high protein since I need to lose weight (don't we all!) and high protein since I do a lot of strenght training :)

Thanks in advance! Happy New You in 2011!

Replies

• justforme8
    justforme8 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Im excited to see some responses! I also recieved it, and I need some ideas as well, minus the usual protein shake.
  • perfectionxforever
    perfectionxforever Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    ah i would love to hear as well! i have one at school and i LOVE making smoothies with it!
  • pineappleroo
    pineappleroo Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I don't have a magic bullet but... In a blender I put:

1/4 cup fat free cottage cheese
    1 cup milk
    1/2 cup frozen fruit
    1 pkg splenda
    2 drops vanilla extract
    2 drops other extract

The calorie count changes depending on the fruit you use. Most smoothies equal about 150 calories. I know that can sound like a lot but on average 1 scoop of whey powder contains 150 calories and this has the same amount of protein and tastes WAY better! It's really filling too. the longer you have it blending, the more air gets into it and makes it creamy and fills you up more. I think it's a great way to squeeze in some fruits and protein, cheaper than buying a powder and I'd rather use real food than something out of a can.

Some of my favorites:
    Strawberries / coconut extract
    mango / lemon extract
    blueberry / almond extract
    strawberry, banana / orange extract
    pineapple / rum extract, coconut extract (mmmm... creamy pina colada)
  • Healthyby30
    Healthyby30 Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    Bump...I got one of these for Christmas! Was looking for recipes myself! Thanks :)
  • mrsewert
    mrsewert Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    These things look awesome. I just giggle because of the "Magic Bullet" name :laugh: I have a magic bullet but it isn't used in my kitchen. :blushing: :bigsmile: :laugh:
  • justforme8
    justforme8 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    These things look awesome. I just giggle because of the "Magic Bullet" name :laugh: I have a magic bullet but it isn't used in my kitchen. :blushing: :bigsmile: :laugh:

HA! When I told my friends I got a "magicbullet" one of them said, "Um are you sure you want to share that with us?" :laugh: :huh: :bigsmile:
  • mrsewert
    mrsewert Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    HA! When I told my friends I got a "magicbullet" one of them said, "Um are you sure you want to share that with us?" :laugh: :huh: :bigsmile:

:laugh:
  • jenjowu
    jenjowu Posts: 11
    Options
    bump....I have a Ninja