Weight Lost / Life Gained

Options
LuckyLynell
LuckyLynell Posts: 14 Member
Just wanted to share a little of my success story.

I've always struggled with my weight, and when I say "always" I really mean it. For example, a few minutes after I was born the doctor tells my mother that based on the size of my thighs I'm going to have a weight problem. It was like I was being hexed by a monster, because what kind of doctor says that about a new born baby? So fast forward through 38 years of failed diets and low self-esteem issues, I finally got my act together and put my depression in check. After a few months of swimming laps at a gym, I lost about 20 lbs. Then about a year ago I discovered MFP, and it's been amazing! I even did the couch to 5k training plan and discovered that I CAN run and I love it! Running is something that I NEVER thought possible before, but now I know that anything is possible! Even signed up to do my first Half Marathon in November, which makes me feel so empowered.

So here I am 39 years young and feeling better than ever!

75c8f7f2-a2df-4947-b12d-82c6e7e67164_zps491be467.jpg

Replies

• HanamiDango
    HanamiDango Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    Congrats to your gain. :flowerforyou:
  • Happymom83
    Happymom83 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    Awesomesauce!
  • psibaby
    psibaby Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    You look marvelous! Kudos to you for sticking with it and continuing to push yourself!
  • sodakat
    sodakat Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    Very nice! You have done something amazing for yourself.

That doctor sounds like a piece of work btw.
  • traceywoody
    traceywoody Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    You look and sound great! What an inspiration you are, and yes, as the poster above said, the Dr was a piece of work! You have overcome and, not just that, you are powering on! Thank you for sharing your story. Awesome!
  • MizMimi111
    MizMimi111 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Fantastic! You look so happy!
  • csk0018
    csk0018 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    You're amazing! :flowerforyou:
  • metalkim85
    metalkim85 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!
  • skittlesnhoney
    skittlesnhoney Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    Fantastic!
  • El1zabethgeorge
    El1zabethgeorge Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    You look amazing
  • craignev
    craignev Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    That's great progress...very well done!
  • elghee123
    elghee123 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Happiness is on top of it all! Job well done.
  • ianthy
    ianthy Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    Well done. I just love these success stories - they just so motivating!
  • Rowood101
    Rowood101 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    One word "wow". Thanks for the morning inspiration. You look amazing!
  • perseverance14
    perseverance14 Posts: 1,364 Member
    Options
    Great job, you are doing great!
  • LuckyLynell
    LuckyLynell Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone!

I appreciate your kind words very much.
  • kmg3614
    kmg3614 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Amazing! I love your outlook on this too!
  • shmulyeng
    shmulyeng Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    Just wanted to share a little of my success story.

I've always struggled with my weight, and when I say "always" I really mean it. For example, a few minutes after I was born the doctor tells my mother that based on the size of my thighs I'm going to have a weight problem. It was like I was being hexed by a monster, because what kind of doctor says that about a new born baby? So fast forward through 38 years of failed diets and low self-esteem issues, I finally got my act together and put my depression in check. After a few months of swimming laps at a gym, I lost about 20 lbs. Then about a year ago I discovered MFP, and it's been amazing! I even did the couch to 5k training plan and discovered that I CAN run and I love it! Running is something that I NEVER thought possible before, but now I know that anything is possible! Even signed up to do my first Half Marathon in November, which makes me feel so empowered.

So here I am 39 years young and feeling better than ever!

75c8f7f2-a2df-4947-b12d-82c6e7e67164_zps491be467.jpg

Actually very similar to my story. My Mom always told me that I was her only child to gain weight in the hospital. It took me 38 years as well to get my act together. Since finding MFP I lost 92 pounds, started running (did my personal best of 9 miles this morning) and started biking (did 25 miles this Sunday). As you said it, weight lost, life gained.
  • Isakizza
    Isakizza Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    fantastic :flowerforyou:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!