Three weeks in and no weight loss

Options
2»

Replies

• MassiveDelta
    MassiveDelta Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    Don't get down. I have heard that working out with weights, gives you more muscle mass than before. And, muscle weighs more than fat, so if you are building muscle, you won't see the scale move down. Maybe you can start out a little lighter on the weights, so you tone your body before you build muscle.

BAD ADVICE! First off, you won't build noticeable muscle mass in 3 weeks. Building muscle is a GOOD THING. The more lean muscle you have, the more it increases your metabolism and therefore burns more calories, even while you're sitting in front of the TV.

Oh my so agree that was really bad advise. Please dont be concerned about bulking up. It would take alot of weightlifting and training for an extended period for you to bulk up. building muscle is a good thing maybe even more important for women than for men.
    Muscle does not weigh more than fat. 5lbs is 5lbs. Fat takes up more space than fat thus a 150 lb person with 19% body fat will look smaller than a 150 lb person with 35% body fat.

Exactly Muscle is more dense and compact then fat.
  • lmn5
    lmn5 Posts: 2
    Options
    Have you been counting calories? It seems to me that yuu should have lost some weight. I know when I don't count calories I am way off on what I think I consumed.
  • holkeo
    holkeo Posts: 34
    Options
    Have you been counting calories? It seems to me that yuu should have lost some weight. I know when I don't count calories I am way off on what I think I consumed.

I've only just started counting calories to be honest. I'm about 4 days into to calorie counting, but training solidly for 3 weeks. I think as everyone has been saying, it's just because I haven't been watching what I'm eating and so staying exactly the same weight is coz i've been eating the same (or more) calories i'm been burning.
  • holkeo
    holkeo Posts: 34
    Options
    Hang in thier it will happen if you keep it up and eat right.

Thank you. Hope so. Desperate to see a change to get my confidence up and really go for it!
  • inurfaceyo
    Options
    I am a full time worker with two small children...I too find that if I hit the gym hard...I don't lose weight. But I discovered running...LOVE IT. Been doing it for over a year now and just ran my first half marathon in November. It seems to take off the weight better for me anyways. Hang in there...the bottom line is you are eating healthy and exercising...it will come off eventually.
  • JonBoren
    JonBoren Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Don't worry too much about the scale, rather check your measurements...
    I'd be willing to bet, although your weight is unchanged, that you've lost inches.
    Don't be discouraged...keep up the effort. You can do this!
  • tissyazd
    tissyazd Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Agree that counting calories has more to do with weight loss. I lost 46 pounds without ever going to a gym. Definitely not suggesting that you shouldn't go to the gym. I wish I could. But, I do live a somewhat active lifestyle however having a 2 year old and just try to move more when I can, but REALLY try to stay under calories. Works for me!