I'm new and would love some encouragement!!!!

Options
Today is my second day on this site and from what I've seen IT WORKS!!! I'm so excited to get started on my journey and make new friends to help me along the way!!! I just want to feel better and not have to walk to the back of the store for "my" section anymore!!! I'm also tired of hearing..."you have such a pretty face, but.......!!! Wish me luck here I go!!!

Replies

• k8tmama
    k8tmama Posts: 58
    Options
    Welcome! I've only been here a couple of days myself, but I'm really liking it. We can do this!

Kate
  • marvshan17
    Options
    Hi! Today is my second day as well! Good luck on your weight loss journey!
  • Bigwig236
    Bigwig236 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Go for it. Nothing worse than your daughter calling you 'podge' trust me. Best of luck.
  • Kate_2011
    Options
    Welcome! You can do it :)
  • uptonia
    uptonia Posts: 26
    Options
    Welcome!
  • stamy6
    stamy6 Posts: 27
    Options
    This site is great. Send me a friend request. I would be happy to join in with you!

Stacey
  • prettybrownround
    prettybrownround Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    Hi, today is my second day as well. Day 1 was an eye opener for me. It showed me how much work I have ahead of me but Im up for the challenge. New year, New me! Good Luck to you
  • gehlerc
    gehlerc Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    Welcome! This is my THIRD day here, and it seems great. Tracking my food and exercise, and being part of a community, is like...magic to me.

So, welcome welcome welcome. You can do this, and we're all right here with you!
  • debcarv
    debcarv Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    I am also new to the site, not new to dieting however! I have been a dieter for years, guess that makes me the classic yoyo dieter. I get it all off, I don't stay focused for the long term and before I know it - IT'S BACK!!!!! So here I go again at age 60 which makes it even harder to lose. I am determined this time to keep it off for good when I make it to my goal weight. I weigh 162 and am 5'4 so I am aiming for 140 (lower would be nice ) that is a comparible weight for me. We can all do this with determination, discipline, and support from one another. Yes, it does take discipline to get up everyday and exercise to lose the bulges, been at it for 7 years. I have the muscle and strength insulated with fat. I appreciate support from my husband, although sometimes I think its just routine for him to back me in whatever I do. Gotta love em! So lets get started!!!!!!!
  • gehorn
    gehorn Posts: 2
    Options
    Welcome to the success story of your life! There are millions of stories just like yours (I know - I am one of them) but that should be an encouragement since a lot of them include success in meeting and maintaining their goals (the ending that I am sill working on). You can too.
    Through the use of this site, your friends and family (especially your husband) and of course your determination, you can meet the challenge and reach your goal. Not only that, you can maintain your goal.

CONGRADULATIONS ON TAKING THE FIRST STEP! Each time we do, we have another opportunity!

From a long time first step taker. :blushing:
  • owengem
    owengem Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Hi
    Welcome aboard. You are in the right place for motiovation and support.
    Ive been here since July and altho I went off track a little during the holidays I have been very successfull.
    When you really want it this is definitely a great way of doing it.

The principles behind this method will stand you in great stead for a long term life style chnage that we help you avhieve your goal.

This is a marathon, not a sprint. some weeks you might not lose or even gain, but by logging everything you eat you can see where you went off track and learn from that.

Good Luck, try to get a group of friends on here who will comment and support you on your journey

Gem x
  • mayra26
    mayra26 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hey Welcome, I just started here 6 days ago and already I see a big change in my eating habit. This fitnesspal is awesome. I know your going to do great! Keep pushing forward and don't get discourage. We are here whenever you need encouragement.
    :)