Crohn's and Weigh Loss Help

Options
Hi All,

I'm looking for anyone who has any tips on losing weight with Crohns. I typically feel like I must be the fattest crohn's patient in the world. Anything healthy like fruits and veggies tend to send me into pain and a flare up. I'm finally done with the steroids, but see little success in any of the pounds coming off even though I'm trying to eat right and am exercising. So any tips or help you could provide would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you!

Replies

• arielkaylou
    arielkaylou Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Please don't feel like I am trying to sell you something. I am just being honest. But my brother in law drinks Shakeology and hasn't had any major flare ups since drinking it. It has helped him lose some weight (but he's not trying to lose). He also has pancreatitis and liver sclerosis (party days did a number on him). It has given him his energy back and helped him start making healthy decisions. I know another girl, Danielle, who uses Shakeology and has chrohns.
  • sarahs8705
    sarahs8705 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hi All,

I'm looking for anyone who has any tips on losing weight with Crohns. I typically feel like I must be the fattest crohn's patient in the world. Anything healthy like fruits and veggies tend to send me into pain and a flare up. I'm finally done with the steroids, but see little success in any of the pounds coming off even though I'm trying to eat right and am exercising. So any tips or help you could provide would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you!

You are not alone with not being stick thin with this disease. I recently found out that I have Crohn's after being sick for years. It flared up after trying to diet for my wedding along with lots of stress. I was eating lots of dairy, fiber, etc. I am having a hard time not gaining a lot of weight during my journey to getting healthy.

I hope you find help also. Let me know if you have any tips for eating for Crohn's.
  • rohdesl
    rohdesl Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I have problems losing weight with Crohn's too. I cut out a bag of candy per day and still gained. I switched to almond milk and rarely eat food I don't prepare myself. Stopped gaining. Finally I started juicing. Not for weight loss, but as a way to get some fruits and veggies in my diet. I can't eat veggies either. I can handle juice though and I've lost a little weight. Plus I'm finally starting to feel good enough to start exercising.
  • gfnicole
    gfnicole Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I don't have Crohns but I have Celiac and was sick for a long time. My dr put me on SCD (specific carbohydrate diet) and it has changed my life. It will heal your body and get rid of your inflammation, while you will feel so much better. It is also useful to regulate your weight, if your overweight you will lose weight and if your underweight you will gain weight (because your body will be able to start absorbing the nutrients from the food). If you want to learn more check out http://www.breakingtheviciouscycle.info/ and http://scdlifestyle.com/
  • LindsayLou80
    LindsayLou80 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the great tips!