How to choose your goal weight Link

Options
dashaclaire
dashaclaire Posts: 127 Member
I struggle with this, I've been happy with how my clothing fits at 143 lbs but that was skinny fat and I'd like to be more tone and muscle this time around so if that means I look better at 150 so be it. But I ran across this site on Pinterest, where you can input height, weights, body shape, and so on to see what other women look like at your current or ideal weight. Very helpful to see 160 lbs look totally fit on women that are clearly lifting weight. So I thought I'd share:

http://www.mybodygallery.com

Replies

• PinkyPan1
    PinkyPan1 Posts: 3,018 Member
    Options
    I was all excited about this and then it said No Results Returned. Damn it.
  • dashaclaire
    Options

Maybe ignore the age category?
  • PinkyFett
    PinkyFett Posts: 842 Member
    Options

Happened to me too
  • PinkyPan1
    PinkyPan1 Posts: 3,018 Member
    Options
    I removed my age and got the same result. Oh well...
  • perseverance14
    perseverance14 Posts: 1,364 Member
    Options
    I got results, but honestly, I didn't agree with them. I am 5' 2" and the pics I looked for at 130 are not accurate...heck when I weighed 130 I was a size 3-4, I weighed 120 in high school. If you have a musclar body, you weigh more. Since I am lifting weights, I am thinking I might end up in the 130s not 120s, but we will see. I have goals, being healthy and looking hot in a bikini, but you know what...I have no idea what weight that will be, I will know it when I see it.
  • jeccawest91
    jeccawest91 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Wow, this really is pretty good. I might just aim for a 5lb extra loss then, we will see when the time comes :)
  • 40andFindingFitness
    40andFindingFitness Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    It worked for me by leaving in the age but removing the weight.
  • perseverance14
    perseverance14 Posts: 1,364 Member
    Options
    I was still hot when I weighed 130, so I guess it depends on your body type. Since I am lifting weights, I know my end weight is going to be heavier, but I think the more important number is the body fat percentage. If you have a low body weight but high body fat percentage for that weight, you will probably still look fat.
  • MelanieMamaof5
    MelanieMamaof5 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    For me a "goal weight" has to be something maintainable with a moderate lifestyle, meaning moderate exercise and moderate eating (yes, treats every now and then *gasp*....he he he). If I can't hang on to it that way than it's not worth trying for. I am currently on the down slope of baby #5 (she's 6 months old). Each time it takes me longer and longer to loose the weight. That's just life. With each child comes more responsibility, distraction, stress eating (he he) and age. But....my goal is an attainable one....it's doable....it just may take me a LONG time to get there. Sigh..... I guess it's alright because I have a lifetime, right?
  • SameMe_JustLess
    SameMe_JustLess Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing that link! It was very interesting.
  • dashaclaire
    Options
    For me a "goal weight" has to be something maintainable with a moderate lifestyle, meaning moderate exercise and moderate eating (yes, treats every now and then *gasp*....he he he). If I can't hang on to it that way than it's not worth trying for. I am currently on the down slope of baby #5 (she's 6 months old). Each time it takes me longer and longer to loose the weight. That's just life. With each child comes more responsibility, distraction, stress eating (he he) and age. But....my goal is an attainable one....it's doable....it just may take me a LONG time to get there. Sigh..... I guess it's alright because I have a lifetime, right?

I agree! I'm sure I'd look great at 135-140 but that would require constant starvation. No thanks. I like cookies too much.
    You had 5 kids? I am so impressed!

Btw I'm Looking for more MFP friends, if anybody wants to be one?
  • luckypony71
    luckypony71 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    This is a pretty cool link. Thanks for sharing. I like the way 130 looked. I might have to lower my goal 5lbs.

I am lifting weights too so I will have to wait and see. I know I still have lots of body fat.
  • leggup
    leggup Posts: 2,942 Member
    Options
    I removed my age and got the same result. Oh well...

Just use Height and Weight. There should be results at every height. Increase/decrease the weight by 10 until you see what you're looking for.