I finally did it!

Options
deannc1
deannc1 Posts: 91 Member
Hi All, I FINALLY started working out. I began in February monitoring my food intake. I have lost 34 lbs since starting. I started off needing to lose 120 lbs....86 more to go. I knew eventually I would need to add some sort of consistent exercise but somehow lacked the oomph to get going.......well today I made it through 30 minutes of Tae Bo. I picked that because I had done it years ago and kinda remembered the moves. In comparison to some, I know it's not much, but it's a start!! I'm gonna do it again tomorrow (if I can move :laugh: )

Replies

• willrun4bagels
    willrun4bagels Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    Great workout!!! You should be very proud of yourself for starting!
  • all4rescue
    all4rescue Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    That's great! You are doing wonderful keep it up!!
  • DavidSTC
    DavidSTC Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Congrats!

If you can't do Tae Bo again today, maybe try something else. Just walking (around the block, or in place, or wherever) will help. The key is just to be active whenever you can. Build up to more exercise through time. And, don't be afraid of strength training. You can start off light with that, as well. And, even through you might not burn as many calories doing each individual strength training vs. cardio, through time you'll be stronger and your metabolism will improve.

Good luck!
  • Platform_Heels
    Platform_Heels Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    *thumbs up*
  • Penchant4Words
    Options
    That's fantastic!!! I remember how intimidating it was to start doing anything cardio other than the treadmill. Good on you for going for it!
  • fitnforward
    fitnforward Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Great job! Keep it up you can do it!! :happy:
  • Christizzzle
    Christizzzle Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    That's fantastic!!! Keep up the good work!! Yay!
  • beverlywesterby
    beverlywesterby Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Great job!! Keep it up :)
  • deannc1
    deannc1 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    This is why I love this place! Thank you all for the word of encouragement. And yes, I want to start strength training. Gotta do some research to see what's the best way to get started.
  • Singlejules
    Singlejules Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Great job. Remember, doing something, no matter how small we think it is, is better than doing nothing at all.
    Keep going, hope you can keep it up :-)