Green Tea and Cayenne Pepper

Options
Has anyone had any success with drinking green tea with cayenne pepper? I read somewhere it is supposed to be an effective, natural appetite suppressant and has natural fat-burning qualities. I'm tempted to add it to my diet (as it can't really do any harm) but just wondered if anyone had tried this or had any stories to tell?

Replies

• sshruff1
    Options
    I haven't tried this but would be interested to know as well. I'm trying to get into green tea but the other day when I had a cup, it smelled like dirty feet. Gross! It tasted like who knows what but it took me hours to get one cup down. If I can add something to maybe make the dirt flavor go away, I will try again.
  • CLH00
    CLH00 Posts: 15
    Options
    I quite like the taste but will sometimes put an artificial sweetener in it (minimal calories!) or a drop of lemon juice :happy:
  • PokenStick
    Options
    I've never tried it (sounds disgusting), but nutritionally speaking green tea and cayenne pepper have those effects. How much of an effect greatly depends on your body, as everyone is different. It's worth a shot, but don't expect it to make a giant difference.