Keep going over on my sugars!

Options
I've been as this for a few days now, and I see a trend.. It seems I keep going over my recommended sugar intake every day.

Over the past days I've eaten mostly fruit for snacks and lunches, naughty seed and linseed bread for breakfast and spag bolognese (500 cals worth) for dinner.

I know that fruit contains alot of sugar, but I just feel like it's better to eat fruit than non sugar treats with god-knows-what in them, but I'm willing to try and swap my beloved fruits for something else that I can eat.

Help?

Replies

• AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    If you don't have a medical reason to avoid it, don't worry about it, especially if it's mostly coming from fruits and healthy foods.
  • EolAcalia
    EolAcalia Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    What do you want help with, you know why your sugars are high, if it worries you eat less fruit.

At the end of the day Sugar is just a carb, if you don't have any health reasons to avoid it then it isn't that bad for you.
  • AngeliqueAcee
    AngeliqueAcee Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Alrighty, just wanted to make sure it wouldn't impact on my weightloss too much. I mean they are low enough in calories so I'll just keep doing what I'm doing :)

Thank you :)
  • PinkyFett
    PinkyFett Posts: 842 Member
    Options
    When I eat fruit for breakfast I'm already over for the day. I try not to pay attention to it if it's from fruit or veggies. It's not like it's "bad" sugars. I'm honestly thinking of taking off my sugar macro because it drives me nuts.
  • perseverance14
    perseverance14 Posts: 1,364 Member
    Options
    Since MFP counts all sugars, real and artificial in your sugar count, I just watch my total carbs. I look at the sugar, but I don't get upset if it is a little over.
  • perseverance14
    perseverance14 Posts: 1,364 Member
    Options
    When I eat fruit for breakfast I'm already over for the day. I try not to pay attention to it if it's from fruit or veggies. It's not like it's "bad" sugars. I'm honestly thinking of taking off my sugar macro because it drives me nuts.
    Somtimes I would like to take it off to have room for the fiber one instead, but I wish I could have both. Too bad we can't have more "slots".
  • sfbaumgarten
    sfbaumgarten Posts: 912 Member
    Options
    If you don't have a medical reason to watch your sugar, I would just ignore it.
  • sfbaumgarten
    sfbaumgarten Posts: 912 Member
    Options
    Alrighty, just wanted to make sure it wouldn't impact on my weightloss too much. I mean they are low enough in calories so I'll just keep doing what I'm doing :)

Thank you :)

Nah, the sodium might get you on the water weight front, but you shouldn't see any issues with the sugar as long as you're staying in your calorie allowance.
  • AngeliqueAcee
    AngeliqueAcee Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Yeha I'll just keep track of my carbs. I'm pretty sure I'll lose weight even if I go over my sugar due to my fruits :)
  • tericrosby79
    Options
    Afternoon,

I know the feeling with the sugars, I regularly go over on them but if it is from fruit sugars rather than refined sugars such as chocolate and pop then I wouldn't stress too much...

One of my goals is to try and cut down on refined sugar and eat more natural but with me not working it seems cheaper to get my energy from the refined.

Try googling some alternative recipes to help cut out the sugar, I think there is a mayo and tartare sauce you can make out of whey .

Good Luck xxx
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    I agree with the others that it's not a big deal. However, when I first started MFP I was appalled at how far over I was on sugar every day and a lot of it came from sources I never imagined really...like condiments and other savory type foods. I've gradually made small changes that have caused that to happen a lot less. I still don't freak if I'm over a bit on sugar (especially if it's from fruit or having 1 treat-type item like a cookie now and then) but I like that the overall trend is staying under or only going over by like 19 instead of 100!
  • KateK8LoseW8
    KateK8LoseW8 Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    I go way over my recommended sugar intake daily, in both natural and added sugars. I look and feel fine, seeing as I meet my nutritional needs regardless. Don't worry about it unless you have a medical reason to, or you find that you're going over on sugar because you're choosing them instead of meeting other dietary requirements.