The 15 minute Brownie-Challenge~!

Options
It’s like a new morning ritual, I grab a cup of coffee and go to my desk and meet my online friends. “Let’s see what they have been up to” and after that I plan my day.

I chose my food wisely and spread the calories throughout the day. Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner it all sounds good, it all sounds healthy. Adding some exercise will give me more calories to play with and I can go a little bit overboard “how about the pudding snack for Dessert” or maybe a glass of wine in the evening?

Now the day can start, I am prepared “let the games begin”.

Most of the time all goes as planned; I am the most disciplined person until …well, until late in the afternoon. I am never really hungry, but I have some food cravings and they are out of this world. Even the peanut butter jar looks tempting and let’s not mentions the brownies in the fridge. I don’t like brownies (weird I know), but in those moments everything looks good and everything is so tempting. But it’s always food that shouldn't eat. I never get cravings for a healthy yogurt, or please let me have that carrot…NOPE, it’s the fattening stuff that I want, everything that unhealthy, fattening or sweet!

Yesterday I wanted that brownie so bad. What’s the big deal; I would just have an off day and would be good the next day.
But that’s not how it works!

The first months when I stopped smoking were the hardest. The desire was overwhelming, I just wanted one.
I gave myself the “15 minute challenge”. I turned on the timer and set it for 15 minutes. IF I still have the same urge after 15 minutes, then I can have my cigarette and throw it all away, I only have to wait 15 minutes.

I never smoked again. The most cravings only last a few minutes and then the brain starts working again!

So, I remembered it and did the same yesterday. “The 15 minute Brownie-Challenge” I got it out of the fridge, set it on a plate and set the timer -only 15 more minutes and I can fulfill my needs and satisfy my sweet tooth. The same thing happened. I put it back in the fridge; after all I bought it for my husband. The cravings were over and I felt good. I ate a few frozen grapes and smiled!

Yesterday was a good day, no slips after all, all went as planned!

Replies

• aschroeder2749
    aschroeder2749 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I will be doing this next time I think I have to have Triscuits and cheese. :)
  • JenniferIsLosingIt
    JenniferIsLosingIt Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    Thankyou for this fabulous idea!!!!! I just have to get busy implementing it!
  • CABasile
    CABasile Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Great idea!
  • coconutfox
    coconutfox Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Awesome idea
  • Becre8tive
    Becre8tive Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    glad you like it, it worked for me
  • Aaron_K123
    Aaron_K123 Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    Damn, from the title I was thinking this post was going to be about how many brownies you could eat in 15 minutes.
  • Becre8tive
    Becre8tive Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Damn, from the title I was thinking this post was going to be about how many brownies you could eat in 15 minutes.

LOL sorry! I wish that would be my problem, I could beat anybody :-)
  • lydiaannepage
    lydiaannepage Posts: 172 Member
    Options

Me too! Either that or I was looking for a quick but yummy "brownie in a mug" type of recipe share... darn... :sad:
  • msmimi
    msmimi Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Love this idea! I will definitely do this tonight. I always crave sweets at night. Thanks for sharing.:smile: