Alan Aragon Approved

Options
tennisdude2004
tennisdude2004 Posts: 5,609 Member
Having recently read through some of the thoughts of Alan - a lot of which I agree with and others I'm not so sure about, but his reasoning is sound (I have pinned his blog page to my google toolbar), I have noticed several terms he uses and foods he feels should be limited.

Why these particular ones jumped out is due to recent threads where members were very sensitive to these terms, but I just wanted to assure everyone that they are okay to use as they are:

alan-aragon-approved.jpg

Terms:

Junk Food

Empty-calories

Foods to limit your daily intake of:

junk food

soft drinks

sweetened fruit juice

pre-packed desserts

hfcs and simple sugars in general

Hopefully moving forward we can save tonnes of unnecessary posts and discuss other more interesting contentious issues.

Disclaimer: This thread has not been posted to cause drama or flame bait, it's intention is to reduce the off topic discussions we tend to get over terminology, through the combined following of Alan. :smile:

Replies

• _John_
    _John_ Posts: 8,642 Member
    Options
    so white grains are not Alan Aragon approved to be called junk foods.

scratch that one off the list clean eaters...
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    How self-important of you to think that this post alone will stop all thread derailments on MFP!

Good job!
  • Thomasm198
    Thomasm198 Posts: 3,189 Member
    Options

soft drinks

So I don't have to limit my intake of hard liquor? B385679D-EFBC-4666-8FC1-0BB8C7EDE618_zpsng6wwdit.gif
  • msf74
    msf74 Posts: 3,498 Member
    Options

Hopefully moving forward we can save tonnes of unnecessary posts and discuss other more interesting contentious issues.

Errrr, arguing about ultimately meaningless crap is most fun to be had around these parts...

Don't kill the goose that lays the golden egg*

*no offence meant to Vegans. Or geese lovers. Or eggs.
  • _John_
    _John_ Posts: 8,642 Member
    Options

soft drinks

So I don't have to limit my intake of hard liquor? B385679D-EFBC-4666-8FC1-0BB8C7EDE618_zpsng6wwdit.gif

everyone always forgets about diet here...
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options

Disclaimer: This thread has not been posted to cause drama or flame bait, it's intention is to reduce the off topic discussions we tend to get over terminology, through the combined following of Alan. :smile:

americanpsycho-laughter1.gif
  • in_the_stars
    in_the_stars Posts: 1,395 Member
    Options
    Hahahhaha!
  • Mr_Bad_Example
    Mr_Bad_Example Posts: 2,403 Member
    Options
    Solid thread... I too find it helpful to follow the advice of random people on the internet as to what I should and should not eat, because they always know better.

tumblr_llb1z7Cqgv1qg39ewo1_500.gif
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Mrbean.gif
  • redversustheblue
    redversustheblue Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    :yawn: I just call food, food. *shrug*
  • Collier78
    Collier78 Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    Is Alan Aragon MFP approved...me thinks not...
  • Strokingdiction
    Strokingdiction Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    I do not and will not accept his definitions of foods or his recommendations for avoidance as my own. Valiant effort, OP.