I have no idea what a a Twinkie is ....

Options

Replies

• obrientp
    obrientp Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    I've had maybe two Twinkies my entire life. I used to love these cakes called Suzy Qs. I don't think they make them anymore, but they were similar to whoopee pies.
  • logicman69
    logicman69 Posts: 1,034 Member
    Options
    And then there is this:

homemade-twinkies.jpg

I give you... The Chocolate Covered Twinkie.

so much goodness!!!!
  • Pixi_Rex
    Pixi_Rex Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options
    Twinkies are gross and taste like plastic, as do any other packaged "cake" like thing.

So you are not missing anything.
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options
    am i the only one who thinks those things are disgusting?

Nope. I was never a fan of Twinkies, Hostess Cupcakes, Ding Dongs, Tasty Cakes, etc... The only thing remotely close that I liked were Star Crunches.
  • Saucy_lil_Minx
    Saucy_lil_Minx Posts: 3,302 Member
    Options
    Meh! Your not missing anything with the Twinkie.....but tasty cakes Coconut Kandy Kakes.......yummy!

Big T- no your not! The tasty cakes are THE ONLY one I like, and it is only b/c it taste like a chocolate covered macaroon.

Give the choice I go for the real stuff any day!

Now my little bro.... my Mom would but him the Zebra Cakes, and she would have to hide them in her file cabinet, and delve them out in his lunches all week long or he'd eat the whole box!!!

Bleh!!!!
  • pinkshiningstar
    pinkshiningstar Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I loved them as a kid but I had one a few years ago and unfortunately, the taste did not live up to my nostalgic memories.

Truth.

Lol! I had one maybe a year ago or so... I was so excited as I hadn't had one in years. I ate half and decided it really wasn't all that great. Sad day.
  • caseythirteen
    caseythirteen Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    This is where it was at for me ....
    Box-of-Tastykake-Butterscotch-Krimpets.jpg
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    My favourite:

249_1.jpg
  • msf74
    msf74 Posts: 3,498 Member
    Options

maybe i was spoiled with my moms baking growing up but ive had a couple and i nearly spit them out

Never eaten a Twinkie but I think most commercially baked cakes won't usually compare in taste to someone who really knows how to bake well.

My wife makes cakes fairly regularly which are a-m-azing so I am usually left disappointed by the pre-packaged stuff.
  • surfinbird_1981
    surfinbird_1981 Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    I saw them in a weird "American style" sweet shop here in England...They don't look very appetising and look like they wouldn't dunk very well in to a cup of tea
  • sfbaumgarten
    sfbaumgarten Posts: 912 Member
    Options
    Zebra cakes were way better than any of those!

+1
  • paulawatkins1974
    paulawatkins1974 Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    My favourite:

249_1.jpg
    Same here! Until my sister in law said it reminded her of the skin that comes off when you're badly sunburned! Thanks Sis
  • tennisdude2004
    tennisdude2004 Posts: 5,609 Member
    Options
    Giant+twinkies.+somewhere+in+russia_d68712_4524273.gif
  • caseythirteen
    caseythirteen Posts: 956 Member
    Options

maybe i was spoiled with my moms baking growing up but ive had a couple and i nearly spit them out

Never eaten a Twinkie but I think most commercially baked cakes won't usually compare in taste to someone who really knows how to bake well.

My wife makes cakes fairly regularly which are a-m-azing so I am usually left disappointed by the pre-packaged stuff.
    Oh, I won't eat that stuff now but when I was a kid it was yummy! My mom was a single mom of three so there wasn't a ton of extra time for baking.
  • wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,780 Member
    Options

i wish i had multiple moms baking for me, too. that must have been non-stop deliciousness
  • shaynepoole
    shaynepoole Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    I was a snoball fan :) I was addicted to those things as a kid

photo.jpg

They had green ones around St Patrick's day
  • HeidiGrrrl
    HeidiGrrrl Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Zebra cakes were way better than any of those!

Oh, yes! Zebra Cakes are the best! (drools)
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    My favourite:

249_1.jpg
    Same here! Until my sister in law said it reminded her of the skin that comes off when you're badly sunburned! Thanks Sis

Yum!
  • wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,780 Member
    Options
    I saw them in a weird "American style" sweet shop here in England...They don't look very appetising and look like they wouldn't dunk very well in to a cup of tea

what dunks well into tea, besides sugar lumps and ice cubes?
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    Giant+twinkies.+somewhere+in+russia_d68712_4524273.gif

Fascinating. People are clever. I wonder if that driver had just eating a twinkie.