Youtube Workout Reccomendations

Options
I have to workout from home tomorrow and know I won't be able to make it to the gym.

Can anyone recommend some good youtube workouts?

I know that I can just search around, but the last time I tried all the routines I came across were way too advanced for me and I got really discouraged. I'm newer to the whole strength training thing, and most of the ones I found either required weights (which I don't have at home) or were far too difficult for me to do (I tried and def cannot walk my hand to a plank, hold it for 60 seconds and follow that with 25 push-ups. And that one had a beginner title on it).

Can anyone recommend a channel or a few videos that are actually good for beginners?

Edit: Please excuse my spelling.

Replies

• Alpha12
    Alpha12 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    You can't go wrong with Jessica Smith's workouts. She's got ton of them on youtube, ranging from beginners to advanced, and from 10min to 60 min. She's got walking, barre, strength workouts - you name it! Love Jessica's workouts and her encouraging, sunny disposition.
  • KylaDenay
    KylaDenay Posts: 1,585 Member
    Options
    Befit channel or Fitness Blender
  • jeremywm1977
    jeremywm1977 Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    Fitness Blender
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    Fitness Blender is awesome. And they have a search feature than lets you put in the things you're looking for in the workout - length, intensity, target areas (upper/lower body, abs, etc), and what, if any, equipment you want. They have great variety and great workouts. Highly recommend.
  • AsaThorsWoman
    AsaThorsWoman Posts: 2,303 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • nilbogger
    nilbogger Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    Blogilates
  • mediamogulsteve
    mediamogulsteve Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I'm a big fan of HASFit. They use YouTube as their video hub, but if you goto their website (HASfit.com) they have workout programs too.
  • sfbaumgarten
    sfbaumgarten Posts: 912 Member
    Options
    fitnessblender.com
  • Mary407
    Mary407 Posts: 635 Member
    Options
    Bump - also looking for suggestions. Thanks OP for the thread!
  • AbbieGodfrey
    Options
    Dance workout with Jessica is good!

High intense dancing as well as strength! She helped me lose inches off my body in 2 weeks!
  • LifeJacketWaterJogger
    Options
    FITNESS BLENDER FOR BEGINNERS, OR JILLIANS KICKBOXING WORKOUT IT'S A GREAT FAT BURNER BUT NOT KICKBOXING AT ALL
  • mimismommy11
    mimismommy11 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Following :)
  • LifeJacketWaterJogger
    Options
    LESLIE SANSONE HAS SOME WALKING WORKOUTS THAT ARE EASY, LESLIE SANSONE, WALK AWAY THE POUNDS, SHE HAS 1 MILES, 2 MILES ALL THE WAY TO 5 MILES, THEY BURN FAT FAST..
  • lisaabenjamin
    lisaabenjamin Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    I second blogilates (www.blogilates.com) The trainer makes calendars that you can print off, which tell you which combination of videos to do every day. The work outs are hard but they're fun! There is a beginners calendar too :-)
  • marleyskye05
    marleyskye05 Posts: 138
    Options
    fitnessblender all the way! They have a huge variety of free, full-length videos ranging from cardio, HIIT, tabata, strength training, yoga, pilates, kickboxing, etc. Check em out.
  • lisaabenjamin
    lisaabenjamin Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    LESLIE SANSONE HAS SOME WALKING WORKOUTS THAT ARE EASY, LESLIE SANSONE, WALK AWAY THE POUNDS, SHE HAS 1 MILES, 2 MILES ALL THE WAY TO 5 MILES, THEY BURN FAT FAST..

shhhhh...turn your caps lock off....
  • sdps720
    sdps720 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    yoga with Adrianne

Tracy Campoli---strength training without weights

fitness blender
  • OkamiLavande
    OkamiLavande Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Third one for blogilates in here. You can do a lot of her strengthening workouts without any weights or you can make weights. You'll die after some of her workouts. Her videos are fun too.
  • GinE73
    GinE73 Posts: 68
    Options
    Blogilates!!
  • brisingr86
    brisingr86 Posts: 1,789 Member
    Options
    bump