Wow!!! Can we say outta shape!!!

Options
I decided I was going to go up and down my stairs this morning...5 min was all I could do!!!! Hanging my head in shame!!!

Replies

• kristiek7
    kristiek7 Posts: 198
    Options
    In shame? no way! get that head up! you did the stairs for 5 minutes, better than never doing them at all!......onward!
  • msbanana
    msbanana Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    In shame? no way! get that head up! you did the stairs for 5 minutes, better than never doing them at all!......onward!

Agreed!
    Do it again tomorrow and go for 6 minutes! Rome wasn't built in a day!! :bigsmile:
  • motivatedmonica
    motivatedmonica Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    yeah, just do it again tomorrow. each and every day it will get easier, just hang in there......
  • chanstriste13
    chanstriste13 Posts: 3,277 Member
    Options
    you just keep rocking out the steps - it's one of the hardest things out there! i've actually read several articles in magazines where people who can run like it ain't no thing are wondering why they still get winded going up a couple of flights of stairs. it's a totally different workout from walking or jogging, so more power to you!
  • Sigra
    Sigra Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    It's hard to keep at something the first time around :) Think of babies trying to walk. It does take practice, I personally am out of shape and have a hard time running, but I know I can get on the elliptical or the treadmill and power walk instead! These burn just as many calories :)
  • 77Lola
    77Lola Posts: 37
    Options
    Thanks!! Now I'm smiling!! I'm going to do walk away the pounds shortly! I have no gym membership so trying to find things at home!
  • YeahMe
    YeahMe Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    That's just the first step...the journey will continue! Keep up the good work!
  • tvalk79
    tvalk79 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    That's awesome. Stairs kick *kitten*! It's not like you are tired from taking a five minute stroll around the block.

Check out netflix for videos you can rent or stream to do at home. It saves you money and the disappointment of paying for a video and finding out it's not for you.

My personal fave is Jillian Michael's 30 day shred.
  • 77Lola
    Options
    That's awesome. Stairs kick *kitten*! It's not like you are tired from taking a five minute stroll around the block.

Check out netflix for videos you can rent or stream to do at home. It saves you money and the disappointment of paying for a video and finding out it's not for you.

My personal fave is Jillian Michael's 30 day shred.

I don't have a gym membership so I'm doing what I can at home. I have Leslie Sansone walk away the pounds. I have tae Bo also. Not quite ready for that! Just started exercising again this week!
  • 77Lola
    Options
    I did them again!! Still kicking my *kitten* though!!