Help! Suggestions needed!

Options
So I am getting frustrated... not at my progress that seems to be going great. My issue is exercise. I live with my mother-in-law. It is Iowa and the temps outside have not been over 10-20 in months. We have no exercise equipment and she has been getting upset at me for dragging out the Wii. I need suggestions guys. I can't wait until it warms up and even walking outside would be okay in these temps with a jacket, the main problem is everything is frozen solid ICE. I am not coordinated to walk on it and gain the work out I need. Help!!

Replies

• juberry
    juberry Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Run in place. Do jumping jacks. Hit the deck and do crunches and push-ups. Get the Wii out when she's not looking or otherwise occupied and put it back quickly when you're done. How about an exercise video? Is there any space in the home that you can use to your advantage? Can you break up your exercise into several sessions during the day? Be crafty and stay determined!
  • melissa1977
    melissa1977 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Take it old school. Marching in place, jumping jacks, push ups. Does she mind if you use the tv for exercise videos? The Walk Away The Pounds videos are really good and don't require a lot of space to move.
  • Red13
    Red13 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    do you have a place where you can rent fitness dvds? I know places like family video have them for free. Also, try making up your own circuits. There is nothing easier than doing sequences of squats, push-ups, jumping jacks, etc. You can probably find some online so you have an idea of what you'd like to do.
  • lindastanley82
    lindastanley82 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    You could try inviting your mother in law to work out with you. If she won't join in with the wii, there are always exercise videos you can use at home indoors. I have a few hand weights, an exercise ball, a step platform and a matt. Those few pieces of equipment can take you pretty far with most indoor exercise routines.

Even if she won't join in with you, stick to your guns and continue with your own exercise efforts. Maybe you will inspire her to become your workout buddy. :)
  • cindirlene
    Options
    Do you have a dvd player? You could order from amazon a nice excersize cd and play that on tv
  • cskorstad
    cskorstad Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    You can try doing zumba dvds....it is a great workout and fun - you can do it at home and the time will fly because it is fun ! you can get it online...amazon or ebay - worth it ! I go to zumba classes but when I can't go to class, I do the dvd : ) good luck !
  • YeahMe
    YeahMe Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Have you tried looking into the community? Do you have a YMCA or a Recreation Center or even an Adult Dance Studio you could join? Or have you tried execise DVDs? One that I really like is Leslie Sansone Walk Away the Pounds. This DVD does not have a lot of jumping so you can do it at night or in the early morning and not wake anyone up. My daughter sleeps through my workout and she is a very light sleeper. Well, that is my suggestion...I hope it helps!
  • PokenStick
    Options
    Calisthenics are easily done inside. Just create your own work out plan.

Sit ups
    Run in place
    Push ups
    Jumping Jacks
    Crunches
    Lunges
    Flutter Kicks
    Squats

Do a set of each, mix it up, repeat as many times as you need to. Where there is a will, there is a way.
  • knwollak
    Options
    I particularity like Zumba and Walk Slim with Leslie Sansone. They are great DVD workouts that you can do in your home and don't require a lot of space. Plus they only require yourself so you wouldn't have to drag out any equipment.

Also I have been trying a new all natural product from a company called Qivana. I have already seen good results. We also just became independent business owners because we liked the product so much! Check out our website there is a place you can get a free sample. Try it out and give me some feedback on what you think about it!

www.myqivana.com/kandsenterprises
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    Slap a set of Headphones and an MP3 player on and rock out in your bedroom...trust me you sweat bombs...
  • BeautifulMe322
    BeautifulMe322 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Wow, thank you guys! We don't have a ton of space but I have done the Walk away the pounds from Comcast Ondemand and you're right that doesn't take up a lot of space and hardly any "annoying" movement (ie jumping) I guess I just need to sit down with her and go over if I can use the Wii, when I can use it and stress that it is important. Also discuss with her where I would be permitted to do the dvd's if I were to get them etc. I just need her to cooperate lol.