Losing 3lbs a week?

Options
2»

Replies

• VoodooSyxx
    VoodooSyxx Posts: 297
    Options
    it can be done, if you're dead set enough on doing it. I've lost 37 pounds now in 2 months (4.6lb. a week average). That's with setting myself up on a -2lb. a week deficit, not eating back a single exercise calorie, and drinking oceans of water.
  • kurviekutie
    kurviekutie Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I started in Feb with a BMI of 45 and needing to lose 80 pounds just to get in the low end of obese. Initially, I lost a lot rapidly (roughly 10 pounds the first week or so-WATER WEIGHT!). I didn't starve myself. I ate whole foods as much as possible (NO dinners from a box of any kind), avoided my major addiction of syrup sweetened coffee drinks, went to the gym 3-4 days a week with about an hour of cardio (bike/elliptical) and 30 minutes of LIGHT weights, and drank LOTS of water. Then about 2 months in I plateaued a bit. I am fitting into my clothes better and the numbers are still dropping slowly but surely. I am now 10 pounds away from being back in the 100's.

Good luck!
  • kurviekutie
    Options
    I started in Feb with a BMI of 45 and needing to lose 80 pounds just to get in the low end of obese. Initially, I lost a lot rapidly (roughly 10 pounds the first week or so-WATER WEIGHT!). I didn't starve myself. I ate whole foods as much as possible (NO dinners from a box of any kind), avoided my major addiction of syrup sweetened coffee drinks, went to the gym 3-4 days a week with about an hour of cardio (bike/elliptical) and 30 minutes of LIGHT weights, and drank LOTS of water. Then about 2 months in I plateaued a bit. I am fitting into my clothes better and the numbers are still dropping slowly but surely. I am now 10 pounds away from being back in the 100's.

Good luck!
  • kurviekutie
    Options
    Stupid laptop! I keep doing copy posts :ohwell:
  • perseverance14
    perseverance14 Posts: 1,364 Member
    Options
    I lost (about) 3 lbs. per week until I got out of obese range, then I upped my calories and slowed it down. I have not had any adverse effects.

If you are eating at least 1200 calories a day, I would not worry about it, but I wouldn't keep doing it once you are out of obese range either, and if you can lose enough eating more, eat more.
  • martinel2099
    martinel2099 Posts: 899 Member
    Options
    Aim for long term weight loss, nothing wrong with 2lbs per week and like another poster mentioned that's about 100lb per year when you do the math. At that rate of weight loss you will not spend another "life time" being obese. If i only lost 1/4 of that in a year i personally would be excited (and I currently weigh 248). My goal personally is 1lb per week and if I hit two that's a great added benefit.

I would rather you lose the weight slowly if that meant developing better habits and learning how to better control yourself around food for the rest of your life.