Feeling discouraged. This blows.

Options
2»

Replies

• thomakg
    thomakg Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Be kind to yourself - you are a new mom, you've lost a TON of weight and your hubby obviously is seeing the results! Crap - when I was nursing I gained 15 pounds eating cheese croissants during those late-night feedings! You're amazing!
  • _KitKat_
    _KitKat_ Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    Any time a small gain happens, just remember 1 liter of water drank = 2.2lbs. This little tidbit reminds me that many small things effect the number on the scale that have nothing to do with fat. Also as a new mom, hormones are fluctuating and many women in a normal monthly cycle can vary 6lbs. Trust what your doing and don't stress over the day to day numbers. I weigh everyday just to learn how I fluctuate, it helped me understand how my weight varies and it allows me to see weight loss trends which is the best way to really see when you have lost weight. If you do weigh daily just remember not to be freaked out, look instead to see your weight range changing.
  • Mommy2two_2
    Mommy2two_2 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I wanted to give a quick update. I tosse the scale, no self control to not step on it every morning. Since starting with the arm band I've lost 7 1/2 inches!!!!!!!!! I did have a bad mothersday and ate like a crazy but have been on track since! Woo! So glad the scales gone! Inches gone are way better than a number on the scale!
  • Mommy2two_2
    Mommy2two_2 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    That's two from my belly button and boobs, one from each thigh, one from my natural waist, one from my hip and then I gained a 1/2 around my arm, I'd say that's muscle!!
  • MelisMusing
    MelisMusing Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    Weight loss, from what I have learned is almost never linear. You might lose one week and not the next. Just keep it steady. Log everything, measure accurately and get your exercise in. You can do this.