Where do i begin?

Options
I've been out of exercise for a whole month due to a major operaton. Before the operation I danced professionally 3 times a week and had a very active lifestyle, now my fitness level is so low and i'm out of breath just walking up a flight of stairs i used to run up. I still have to be careful what i do as i'm still fragile, what sort of exercise could i do? I need the best and healtiest way to get back into fitness.

Replies

• smuehlbauer
    smuehlbauer Posts: 1,041 Member
    Options
    I would suggest asking your doctor or physical therapist.
    Good luck to you.
  • kappyblu
    kappyblu Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    You could start with walking (no power walks) or swimming. Take it easy on both at first until you are stronger. But yes, you should also ask your doctor what is best. Best wishes to you. Glad you are recovering. :flowerforyou:
  • Hibpshman1
    Options
    My opinion is that you should start to walk. First at a slower pace, then at an increasing pace. Start with 20 minutes per day and work up to an hour a day, add some incline the next week, after several weeks you'll probably feel like jogging a bit, depending on the surgery and recovery recommendations.
    If you can't walk due to recovery reasons think about cycling. Low impact and it can be done at the gym on several different styles of cycles. From a spinning class to a recumbent where you sit in a chair and pedal to a regular seat with pedals.
    Good luck!