Is it better to exercise in the morning or evening

Options
When is the best time to exercise in the morning before work or in the evening? Which time would be more beneficial?

Replies

• SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    whichever time you can do it.

I usually workout right after work...or if it's a day off whenever I feel like..
  • Jillian130
    Jillian130 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Just doing your workout, period, is beneficial. Do whatever works for you and your schedule.
  • Branstin
    Branstin Posts: 2,320 Member
    Options
    Whatever time you could stick with will be most beneficial. During the week, I workout after work. On weekends, I workout in the mornings.
  • kinrsa
    kinrsa Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    We had a class about this one day in the Army. It came down to evening being best in terms of preventing injuries but morning was better for a lot of other reasons. There were a lot of pros and cons for both.

I like mornings because it gets super hot in rural Ghana really fast, plus the whole rest of the day I feel good about having worked out. But it's personal preference, really.
  • bbail1e
    bbail1e Posts: 11
    Options
    If you do it when you feel like you are more likely to stick to the plan because it doesn't become redundant and you can't beat yourself up about sticking to a time frame.

#mytheory :smokin: :smokin:

48070219.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter