1 Year, How to Celebrate

Options
Today is one year from when I started getting my act together. It has been a successful run. I feel like I should mark the day somehow, celebrate. Beer and chinese buffet isn't out of the question. :)

Any suggestions?

Pictures hidden away in non-public blog.
http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/nihil_gnome/view/then-and-now-650443

Replies

• mebepiglet123
    mebepiglet123 Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Firstly congratulations.

My fav is Indian...., that's what I would do.
  • Chimis_Siq
    Chimis_Siq Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    commemorate your one year with a balls to the wall exercise . Like 600 stairs or something random like hiking up this huge mountain. Something to show to yourself how far you really have come or like a 3 hr exercise marathon.

lol..

I guess thats what I would do...
  • nihil_gnome
    nihil_gnome Posts: 17
    Options
    I only have so much free time (and am a single parent), so climbing a mountain is out... but I do have an 8 mile run planned after work! :)
  • freddi11e
    freddi11e Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    when i lose my weight i am going to do a risque sexy photo shoot. i think you should do the same lol. hah
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options
    Date night with the kiddo? Dinner and a movie? You can celebrate this accomplishment together.

congratulation_graphics_2.gif
  • ianthy
    ianthy Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    Great work but does the celebration need to be food related?
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    I had macarons and shared my 1 year progress photos with friends via facebook (most of my facebook friends up to then had never heard me speak of MFP or weight loss, so for a private person like me that was a big thing)
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options
    Great work but does the celebration need to be food related?

Why not? Everyone can allow themselves a few days a year to step outside the boundaries of the calorie limits. It doesn't cause any damage to weight management.
  • beamer0821
    beamer0821 Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    well if it was me id run around in a bikini, do you have a swimsuit and a beach or pool close by? that would be my vote =)
    i would even settle on a backyard kiddie pool!

great blog post, you're a good writer thanks for sharing your story!
  • CaitlinW19
    CaitlinW19 Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    Awesome for you! How about a photo shoot with your kids? Even just in the backyard. Get some crazy clothes and have some fun being silly together. Then you'll have something lasting from today that you can look back on (daddy's 1 year aniversary impromtu party). I'm sure your kids are a big part of why you got your act together and what you are continuing to be healthier for.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!