I have no idea what a a Twinkie is ....

Options

Replies

• moviestarsara
    Options
    What about

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSlnylK6kGbhht6HF7wy52rYSPGNMUpfZNckXQuYcwO6rwZld47

Also, this

PS Holy crap this thread should have come with a trigger warning! I now want to eat ALL THE THINGS AT THE GAS STATION! I feel so dirty...
  • bcf7683
    bcf7683 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options
    And then there is this:

homemade-twinkies.jpg

I give you... The Chocolate Covered Twinkie.

so much goodness!!!!

OMGGGGG :love:
  • TheDoctorDana
    TheDoctorDana Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    Banana Flips were my favorite :)

Hope the image works...

th?&id=HN.607999466105606109&w=300&h=300&c=0&pid=1.9&rs=0&p=0[img]It didn't :([/img]
  • HWeatherholt
    HWeatherholt Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    NUTTY BARS!!!!
    Nutty-Bars-Small.jpg
    i do not care, twinkies could have stayed gone ... however ... the lovely ms Debbie.... mmmmmm

yeah- these things.

fur realz.

big fat heart for them!

I found a protien bar at sports authority that tastes like nutty bars, a little drier but not bad.
  • iggyboo93
    iggyboo93 Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    Surprised that no one mentioned that Twinkies don't have a shelf life. They have a half life... similar to Uranium 238.

I'll get an occasional craving for a Little Debbie Swiss Roll, eat it and then regret it.
  • water_coloured
    water_coloured Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    NUTTY BARS!!!!
    Nutty-Bars-Small.jpg
    i do not care, twinkies could have stayed gone ... however ... the lovely ms Debbie.... mmmmmm

Nutty Bars > everything else in this thread
  • Beautiful_Pain
    Beautiful_Pain Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I have oatmeal pies in my pantry, they are healthy cuz I hear Oatmeal is healthy right right?? :happy:
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    I loved Twinkies as a kid. As an adult, I think they are horrible, spongelike, greasy tubules of j***-filled Styrofoam.

Standards. Y'all have none.
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 9,072 Member
    Options
    I haven't had a Twinkie either - I dont think we have them here in Australia - at least I've never seen or heard of them here.

We have similar pre packaged cream cakes though - not something I'm a fan of though, way too sickly sweet for me.
  • SuperC_85
    SuperC_85 Posts: 393
    Options
    I loved them as a kid but I had one a few years ago and unfortunately, the taste did not live up to my nostalgic memories.

QFT
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    We've never had any sort of cheese you squirt our of a can in Australia so far only cream.
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    I didn't know what a twinkie was until I moved to Saudi Arabia. The novelty wore off after eating them a couple of times. I don't don't hate them but I wouldn't go out of my way to eat one either.
  • paperpudding
    Options
    We've never had any sort of cheese you squirt our of a can in Australia so far only cream.

Actually once I was at an AFL match and I bought a hot dog and cheese - and it was sickly creamy cheese out of a bottle - horrible.
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    Never seen any for sale in supermarkets. Wonder where the AFL got it from.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options

Actually once I was at an AFL match and I bought a hot dog and cheese - and it was sickly creamy cheese out of a bottle - horrible.
    Ah ... Cheese Wiz. Whiz? I'm not sure.

No self-respecting cheese lover eats that -- even in the US. Same for Velveeta. But apparently someone likes those things because they keep selling them. BLECH.
  • paperpudding
    Options
    Oh I won't be eating it again, was horrible.

But I asked for a hot dog with cheese, mistakenly thinking it would be with a slice of cheese, not cheese goo out of a sauce bottle.
  • Jillian130
    Jillian130 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    oh my...I literally lived on Twinkies as a kid. And King Dons and just about any Hostess product. Hostess and Chef Boyardee were go-to's.

Although, I did have a Twinkie not too long ago and the flavour has changed some since I remember as a kid.
  • ValGogo
    ValGogo Posts: 2,168 Member
    Options
    None of the bun- and biscuit-like thingies in this thread look appealing in the slightest... An American candy store opened up in my city a few months ago and everything in it just looks blargh. :sick: I really don't get the buzz. No offence to anyone one of course! But I'm really not a fan of you guys' sweeties ('cept for Reese's, those are lovely).

they really aren't. I think even the Reese's are low-end, I like Dove's peanut butter dark chocolate bar, and Lindt's truffles are pretty wonderful too. Ghiradelli's Sea Salt Dark Chocolate is delightful too.

I agree. Twinkies are not good. Even the dingdongs are sub par. I have had them and I like the chocolate covering but the cream is not good nor the cake. Most of it is nostalgia. They used to taste better 30 years ago. Most pre packaged cakes are disgusting really and not worth the fat and calories.

I still like yodels, though. I like unrolling the roll and eating the chocolate as it falls off.

Lindt chocolates are great!
  • shunggie
    shunggie Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    I do NOT like Twinkies, never did even as a kid. I hate the white stuff in the middle- tastes like plastic. I did use to eat HoHos but like others have said, when I try them as an adult the old nostalgic flavor is gone and all it tastes like to me is waxy chocolate. I am glad because if there were a snack cake that I could be 4 cakes for $.99 that tasted good I would be in deep trouble! My grocery store will take fresh made Boston Creme Pies and sell them by the slice for $.99 each and believe me that is a battle I don't always win.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    None of the bun- and biscuit-like thingies in this thread look appealing in the slightest... An American candy store opened up in my city a few months ago and everything in it just looks blargh. :sick: I really don't get the buzz. No offence to anyone one of course! But I'm really not a fan of you guys' sweeties ('cept for Reese's, those are lovely).

they really aren't. I think even the Reese's are low-end, I like Dove's peanut butter dark chocolate bar, and Lindt's truffles are pretty wonderful too. Ghiradelli's Sea Salt Dark Chocolate is delightful too.

I agree. Twinkies are not good. Even the dingdongs are sub par. I have had them and I like the chocolate covering but the cream is not good nor the cake. Most of it is nostalgia. They used to taste better 30 years ago. Most pre packaged cakes are disgusting really and not worth the fat and calories.

I still like yodels, though. I like unrolling the roll and eating the chocolate as it falls off.

Lindt chocolates are great!
    I haven't had a Twinkie in years and years. But I really do still love the cream-filled chocolate cupcakes. I think they're quite tasy and very much worth the calories. *shrug*