Caregivers

Options
Does anyone else struggle so much with providing care to a loved one, along with working they feel stressed and exhausted. Most of the time my own household and diet needs seem insignificant. But when I don't eat properly I can feel the difference in my own energy levels.

Replies

• jldahlen21
    jldahlen21 Posts: 18
    Options
    Yes! I have my own family (hubby and 2 daughters), I teach preschool, have my own photography business and I care (part-time) for two adults ladies with special needs..... I know I don't stop to care enough for myself. I often feel like I don't have the energy to do so and when I do, I feel like I'm being selfish! I've come to realize that I want someone to take care of me :-). Have you found anything to help your journey? Please feel free to add me as a friend! We could support each other.
  • char316
    char316 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Hi just saw you reply. Sounds like you are stretched very thin. How old are you daughters? Not that it matters a lot. They need you no matter how old they are.

I have a 92 year old Mom, in a nursing home, but I found I need to be there regularly. She has been there 5 months and while there has had a broken hip and lumbar compression fractures. Just have lost all confidence in this facility but don't seem to have a really good place to put her.

I don't have family at home now, so my house seems to be at the low end of the list of what gets done, along with meals and exercise. I work full time and was going to school for a graduate degree, but that is now on hold. I guess my real problem is that I am a stress eater.

Will add you as a friend.