Wanted: Success stories for those final 15lbs!

Options
savemama
savemama Posts: 105 Member
I have been toying with the final 10/15 lbs forEVER.

I'm ready to do this now, but finding it to be so challenging. Even on weeks where I totally stick to all my goals- I could still lose nothing or even gain (natural fluctuation).

I would love to hear how you beat those final 15!

Replies

• morgo20
    morgo20 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    That is exactly me. BUMP
  • becky4m
    becky4m Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    In for answers!
  • soontobeskinnysara
    soontobeskinnysara Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Agreed! Can't drop the last 10 pounds.
  • kerbyd13
    kerbyd13 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    stuck on the last 12!
  • hospitablegirl
    hospitablegirl Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • NRBreit
    NRBreit Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Here's what has worked for me down to about 12% body fat.... Make sure you are spot on with your calorie counts/ calorie deficit. Try not to go below 500 cal deficit (1 lbs per week). Eat a weekly cheat meal and then get right back on your normal calorie deficit. If you're not already super low on calories you can try dropping a couple hundred cals for a day or two just to coax the body a bit. Try upping your cardio/burn and keep your body guessing. Most of all, be patient. The loss will not be linear. Sometimes you'll go several weeks with no change. Other times you'll lose a couple of pounds overnight. Discipline is the key... you WILL be hungry.
  • Edensienna
    Edensienna Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    It has taken me since December to lose 4lbs as I near my goal. It has been so slow despite three intense workouts per week and a calorie deficit. I increased my intake to 1500 per day in hopes of a .5lb loss per week. I lost that per month. With persistence I did reach my goal and am nearing maintenance now. Shake up your workout routine, make it fun. It can take a while to shed those last few lbs
  • aj7x
    aj7x Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Same here! I've been trying to loose the last 6 for months!
  • MadandSoph2
    MadandSoph2 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I am with you. After talking to a friend also a trainer the biggest thing he emphasized to me was to "shock the system", make changes every 6 weeks. If doing a weight routine add some cardio in between each set ie: jumping jacks, mountain climbers etc. cardio cardio cardio whenever you can, even if it's 25 minutes. SOMETHING IS BETTER THEN NOTHING, which is so hard for me because I have an all or nothing mentality (working on that as my goal at 35!). Try and change up your excersise routine every 6 weeks even if it's doing what you do daily, backwards! Our bodies get so use to things we have to shock it. Also, he has been teying to give me some ideas on more balanced meals and is adamant that we eat something SMALL every 2-3 hours. With my kiddos I now set my alarm on my phone to remind me.

I am with ya on the last 20......it's killing me!!!!! Would love to hear more ideas if you have them!!!
  • newteachermom
    newteachermom Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Thanks for that!!
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    To be quite frank what I have been doing all along...

I weight my solids, measure my liquids and log it all accurately...

I was at my last 10 pounds in the new year...got down to my last 5...went down south for 8 days...didn't log gained 4 of it back now down to my last 1/2lb (weighed today at 155.4 but wont record till friday)

So I have averaged 1/2lb weight loss since Jan 6th and that includes the increase of 4 during holidays....

I have slowly been upping my calories to maitenance which has slowed my losses but another 1/2lb and I am good as gold.

ETA: no difference in my workouts either and my diary is open if you wish to see what I eat...I don't do cheat meals/days I just eat what I want when I want and stay in goal, most of the time...sometimes I am over a day but my week is normally in a deficit...
  • MicheleWE
    MicheleWE Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I am in to glean tips as well. I am glad to hear I'm not the only one with incredibly slow weight loss. Is it age or because of lifting? A few years ago I lost 85 lbs and it came off so easy, but the only exercise I did was walking and I didn't like the way my body looked either. So the weight lifting stays! I will just have to fight that last 15 lbs off!
  • GreatDepression
    GreatDepression Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    I'm at about the last 15 as well and I'm really struggling. I've upped my exercise intensity and have been eating mostly "clean" at a calorie deficit.
  • Onedayslimmfp
    Onedayslimmfp Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I truly feel your pain! I've not lost now for nearly 6 weeks (7lbs to lose), its VERY frustrating.....
  • savemama
    savemama Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Well I appreciate all the validation :) Good to know I'm not crazy!

As I'm reading people's responses I am having some insights. So far they are:

- I AM losing. It's just not the 1-2+ lbs a week that it was at the beginning. It's more like- nothing one week, up the next week, down 3 lbs the following week.
    - I am doing a dietbet (which has been such helpful accountability in the past.) This means I am setting myself up to expect the same % weight lost in the same pace... and that expectation is causing me to judge my loss as "too slow" or a "failure".
    - I need to cool my jets and accept that this will happen slower!

Ugh! Slow is less fun ;) But I've been doing this so long now, I can do slow.

I've maintained my weight loss thus far, over the long term. That's not nothing. I Just need to readjust my expectations I think.

Oh! And I think shaking up my routine is a MUST. I need to change this ASAP. I have been doing the same exercise for too long. Time for more HIIT, and finally (finally!) lift heavy.

Thanks for the input and commiseration. Still open to hearing stories of success!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!