P90X?

Options
So I'm thinking about getting the P90X system just to have it, so that I can work out in the mornings before work but maybe not following the entire plan? I just want to mix it up and get some serious work-outs in. Thoughts? And does anyone know how expensive it is? And can you buy it in stores, or only on-line?

Thanks!!

Replies

• fushion243
    Options
    Last time I looked, many months back, many unopened or lightly used copies were on e-bay! I've never done it, but always thought about it.
  • LacyLace87
    Options
    im wondering the same. i saw it on ebay and amazon marked down, but i want it cheaper.
  • Amber030583
    Amber030583 Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    You can get it right on the Beachbody Website. It is a great program but it is intense. Not sure how much time you have in the morning but some of them can be lengthy in time. I am personally doing ChaLEAN Extreme and Love it!
  • bethvandenberg
    bethvandenberg Posts: 1,496 Member
    Options
    I think they're around $120 off tv. I've heard cheaper on ebay or even people sell copies on Craigslist. Be careful as some are bootleg copies and you won't get all the materials.

I started the lean program two days ago. My friend gave me his discs after he started and pulled a groin muscle. Ouch.

So I scored. :)

So far I'm proud of my accomplishments thus far and am excited to see where I end up. If I look better in shorts/tank tops/swim suits in a couple of months its a win win for me. I live in the west so summer comes early.
  • usmcdw
    usmcdw Posts: 1
    Options
    My friend is doing that she says it slaughters you... and it works but i would do it before work it really makes you feel like jello......
  • JGCowboy
    Options
    I copied them as a backup to my originals and have used them until they get too scratched....;) I would definitely try and find a used copy also try craigslist...although I bought them new, it was expensive at the time....
  • JGCowboy
    Options
    You can get it right on the Beachbody Website. It is a great program but it is intense. Not sure how much time you have in the morning but some of them can be lengthy in time. I am personally doing ChaLEAN Extreme and Love it!

Yes...plan on spending at least an hour to 1 1/2 a day on it!!!!!!!! Very intense, but you can feel a big difference...I am re-starting because I did the first 5 weeks then had to bail for a short while.
  • Dlacuna
    Dlacuna Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    P90X is great! Very Intense. I did two cycles last year but quick prior to a big climb (I'm a rock climber). Just started back up after gaining 8lbs over the summer. You can get on Ebay for around $70. Worth every penny. Take breaks but just keep doing it. In 90days you'll feel awsome. I'm 49 and was easily keeping up with 20 year olds on my climb.
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    My friend is doing that she says it slaughters you... and it works but i wouldnt do it before work it really makes you feel like jello......

I do the program before work all the time.
    You can purchase it through Beachbody.com
  • sweetheart03622
    sweetheart03622 Posts: 928 Member
    Options
    Is there any way to divide it between two sessions? I can handle being jello at work (in fact I love it lol) but 90 minutes is eeeeearly! That would bump my wake-up time to 4:00am :-/
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    Is there any way to divide it between two sessions? I can handle being jello at work (in fact I love it lol) but 90 minutes is eeeeearly! That would bump my wake-up time to 4:00am :-/

Yes, you can hit the pause button.
  • JGCowboy
    Options
    I don't know if you would enjoy it that way because the routines seem to flow well with each other. The only other thing I could think of is that on the days where the ab ripper is part of the program you could do the abs at a different time, but that section is only about 15 mins in length. When you do the P90, part of it is working through the fatigue and the other part is keeping your HR in the zone for the period of time. There are water breaks in there but they last all of a minute or less....It's hard to explain, but technically you could break it into two sessions, but from someone that has done them, I don't know if I would like it that way??? Just trying to help you out... That is why I had to quit for a brief period working overtime was killing me...
  • Tamelaine
    Options
    Check Craigslist! I just got it for $50 brand new and sealed in the original packaging! Last night was my first experience, and boy am I sore today! Whenever I go to pick up my 1 year old, I certainly feel it!
    I don't know about splitting it up. Maybe you can do the shorter hour long workouts in the morning and days when you add the abs do that at night? And possibly save the yoga workout for a night workout?
  • Stooooo
    Stooooo Posts: 1,191 Member
    Options
    Check Craigslist! I just got it for $50 brand new and sealed in the original packaging! Last night was my first experience, and boy am I sore today! Whenever I go to pick up my 1 year old, I certainly feel it!
    I don't know about splitting it up. Maybe you can do the shorter hour long workouts in the morning and days when you add the abs do that at night? And possibly save the yoga workout for a night workout?

No offense but I highly doubt it is a legit copy of P90X. Probably a bootleg made to look real. But hey do what you gotta do....
  • Tamelaine
    Options
    no, it's real. It came in the box from Beachbody, shrink wrapped and everything, plus had everything in it that beach body sends. I know because my sister ordered from Beachbody.com and what I got and what she got were the exact same, right down the the packaging. So, either they spent a lot of time wrapping all the dvds up in the packaging exactly like Beachbody's and printing off a book and sealing it all in the exact box somehow, it's real.
  • sweetheart03622
    sweetheart03622 Posts: 928 Member
    Options
    no, it's real. It came in the box from Beachbody, shrink wrapped and everything, plus had everything in it that beach body sends. I know because my sister ordered from Beachbody.com and what I got and what she got were the exact same, right down the the packaging. So, either they spent a lot of time wrapping all the dvds up in the packaging exactly like Beachbody's and printing off a book and sealing it all in the exact box somehow, it's real.

Thank you for posting this =) I was sad to see someone knocking your attempts for trying! And truthfully, if it got you moving and made you sore (like you said) who cares even if it WAS a knockoff? You rock!
  • Stooooo
    Stooooo Posts: 1,191 Member
    Options

Thank you for posting this =) I was sad to see someone knocking your attempts for trying! And truthfully, if it got you moving and made you sore (like you said) who cares even if it WAS a knockoff? You rock!

Please don't take me the wrong way, I was not knocking them for trying. I think it is great. I just hate it when people buy from Craigslist or ebay and then it doesn't come with everything it is suppose to, or one of the disks doesn't work. They then call Beachbody or me and ask us to help them out. Again I don't have a problem with people doing whatever it takes to move. Just don't buy illegal copies or counterfeits that's all. It takes money away from hard working people.
  • Malalu
    Malalu Posts: 39
    Options
    Im inn my 3thrid day with p90x and its amazing