Weight gain

Options
I'm currently 51kg I'm not trying to lose weight I want to gain lean muscle but each month I'm losing a pound. My body fat is 17.4 Im worried I'm gna lose my boobs . But I would like to lose belly fat so I can have abs . Should I count calories or what do I do to gain muscle .

Replies

• say_pocket
    say_pocket Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    In general, to gain muscle, you need to eat as much as you burn and do weight training. I've heard it said, "Cardio gives you a smaller version of the body you have. Weight training gives you the body you want."

If you're working out to build muscle but still losing weight, you need to eat more. I count calories and wear a HRM during every workout. Not because I'm looking to lose weight, but because I'm trying to keep myself from losing it. If you're working out a lot, you might be surprised by how many calories you're burning vs what you eat. If you don't want to lose any more weight, you really need to make sure the amount of fuel you put in you equals or exceeds the amount you burn.
  • PJPrimrose
    PJPrimrose Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    ^ This is totally true. If you do sports weight training will make you more agile,better balanced and faster, too. If you are in a healthy BMI do not lose weight, gain muscles!