Shaun T 25

Options
Hello all, I wonder if any of you know what to enter in the exercise tab for Shaun T workouts. I am starting the T25 Alpha and I am doing the modified version for now as I have had a recent injury on my ankle and that stopped me working out for 5 months. Do any of you know how many calories are burned per 25 minute workouts with Shaun T? Thanks a lot for any help!

Replies

• jane_76
    jane_76 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Hi there,

I'm just starting the T25 alpha workout too. Did you want to support each other along the way?

Thanks!
    Jen
  • katwinfree
    katwinfree Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I just started today and logged it as Cardio and made my own listing. I wore my HRM and it was 220 calories. Everyone is different though and might be different if you are doing the modified version. There is a group of us that are doing it if you would like to join us!
  • dym123
    dym123 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    It is best to use an HRM. I did FocusT25 and each workout is different and does not burn the same amount of calories, some burned more or less than others.
  • Chain_Ring
    Chain_Ring Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    Seems like a solid workout. Dude is obviously in good shape.
  • mariabunes123
    mariabunes123 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi Jenn! Yes!!! I would appreciate the support and encouragement. I am trying to stick to it but I know it's going to be a big transition from the modified version to the real thing.
    Thank you guys for the feedback!
  • debraran1
    debraran1 Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    If you use a HRM, you can make a "T 25 category, they give you that option if they don't have it listed. I know it's usually between 200-220 for me, I like writing in the titles of my workouts now that I found that function because it helps me remember too looking back, what I did a week ago.
  • mariabunes123
    mariabunes123 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hey, I don't have a HRM... I don't even know what that is??? is it a Heart Rate Monitor? Where can I get one? can you recommend a good brand for it?
  • seismicmuffin
    seismicmuffin Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I made my own category titled "Focus T25". I wear a HRM and I typically burn between 250-280 calories depending which dvd I'm on.

HRM = heart rate monitor. I use a Polar FT4. I got it on Amazon for about $60. Definitely worth the price.
  • debraran1
    debraran1 Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    That is a good one, reasonable price. I like mine, once I have a range, I don't always wear it, but do on occasion to keep on track.
  • aliakynes
    aliakynes Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    Go on eBay or Amazon. I have a Polar F11 which was cheaper than the FT4 and had an extra feature that I use for running.

Any model with a chest strap will work really. Just make sure the batteries are replaceable (some of the lower grade models don't).
  • sjs227
    sjs227 Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    How did you create a category? I'm in Alpha W2D3. I've been entering it in as Aerobics, HIIT.

I have a Polar RS300X with the chest strap and love it. Works great for walking (bad knees so no running), spinning, and this. Make sure the chest strap is washable is my advice. I took the watch and monitor to a jewelry store to have the battery replaced. It was $10. Probably voided the warranty tho.
  • dym123
    dym123 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    How did you create a category? I'm in Alpha W2D3. I've been entering it in as Aerobics, HIIT.

Go to Exercises, My Exercises, click on green button at the top right that says Create Exercise