Edy's Ice Cream

Options
How is the taste of the "light" and "sugar free" kinds? I've never tried this before. How many grams is in a 1/2 cup serving? I'm tempted to buy some to reintroduce ice cream into my diet without breaking the calorie allowance.

Replies

• vismal
    vismal Posts: 2,463 Member
    Options
    I eat the Edy's slow churned ice cream all the time. I feel like it tastes pretty good. A serving is usually 60 grams. Calories range from 100-130 for most flavors. Cinnamon bun fun is my favorite but most all of them taste good to me.
  • AlliSteff
    AlliSteff Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I am an Edy's fan. I oddly prefer their Slow Churned Yogurt Blends (the Chocolate Fudge Brownie is a favorite)
  • OMGSugarOHNOS
    OMGSugarOHNOS Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I eat the Edy's slow churned ice cream all the time. I feel like it tastes pretty good. A serving is usually 60 grams. Calories range from 100-130 for most flavors. Cinnamon bun fun is my favorite but most all of them taste good to me.
    I need to try the Cinnamon Bun Fun but have never pulled the trigger. I better get on top of that before they pull the Limited Editions.

As far as Dreyer's/Edy's Slow churned goes I like the Double Fudge Brownie and the Mud Pie but most I've tried are damn tasty. I have never tried the sugar free or yogurt blends.
  • MadTownD
    MadTownD Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I like the Slow Churned (their version of Light)... I can't do the sugar-free because fake sugar tears up my stomach.

Here's a link to the nutritional information for the vanilla: http://www.edys.com/SlowChurned/Flavor/1686 and there's a drop-down box for the other flavors.
  • ew_david
    ew_david Posts: 3,473 Member
    Options
    Slow Churned caramel something or other is awesome
  • blakedebo
    blakedebo Posts: 130 Member
    Options

And I just passed this one by this week... well, next week maybe!
    I love Edy's slow churned!
  • smpreston
    smpreston Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    On principle, I refuse to buy ice cream that is not the full half gallon. Pints, yes. These 40 and 50 ounce containers can bite me. Same price, smaller tub. Fight the power!

That reminds me, I should pull the ice cream maker down and whip up a batch or two.
  • Fitfully_me
    Fitfully_me Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    Slow Churned caramel something or other is awesome

^^ This^^
    Just finished a serving of the Caramel delight. Its my go-to grocery store ice cream.