Small motivational thing I do...

Options
Something small, but yet very profound, that I do to help keep me motivated on exercising.... is that each day that I work-out my minimum #of minutes, or whatever my goal is, I place a star sticker for that date on my calendar or personal planner.

I'm very visual -- so just seeing the stars on my calendar keeps me going. Plus, I can scroll back through previous months to see if I was slacking or not. :) This is just one extra way that I motivate myself.

And who doesn't like getting a Gold Star!!??! :)

Replies

• ambrchrstn
    Options
    I do the same thing!! I like looking in my planner to see how well i've done.
  • Caffeinewitch
    Caffeinewitch Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Omg i need to go out and buy some stickers now...
  • ambrchrstn
    Options
    I would highly recommend it lol...
  • worldtravelista
    worldtravelista Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Yeah... it's actually kinda fun.... :) You can get the stickers at Target or any office store.
  • grace914
    grace914 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I do the same thing in my planner but I just write an "e". I'm going to have to buy stars - much prettier! Thanks for the idea!
  • Sweet13_Princess
    Sweet13_Princess Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    I have a calendar that lists the aerobics classes that my gym offers. Sometimes I do go to classes, other times I do my own thing. I show days that I worked out with a big X and I jot a note about what I did. Days I don't work out get a / through them. My goal is to get more than half of my days filled with Xs. Each month I try to do one day better. It's rewarding seeing all of the Xs add up!:-D

Shannon
  • wanderinglight
    wanderinglight Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    I love the star idea! So much more satisfying for some reason!

I keep a small notebook (one of those very cheap spiral ones) with me to log what I did, and it's so satisfying to flip back through the pages. Nothing is more satisfying than logging those cals into MFP though!! Many times I'm on the elliptical thinking how excited I am to be able to enter something!