Always hungry

Options
I am not sure why but i am always hungry. I know sometimes it can actually be water instead of food. I drink lots of water throughout the day. More than 8 cups.

Replies

• HerkMeOff
    HerkMeOff Posts: 1,002 Member
    Options
    How often are you eating?
    How much are you eating?
    WHAT are you eating?
  • PJPrimrose
    PJPrimrose Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    Are you working out and only eating 1200 calories or less a day? That is usually the reason for ravenous women on MFP. If so, please stop starving yourself.
  • minusonali
    minusonali Posts: 65
    Options
    I eat every three hours, calorie intake is around 1,200 to 1,300 used to eat like 600 a day. Morning turkey sausage, egg whites, fiber toast. On days where I can't eat meat I have two fiber breads with laughing cow swiss wedge or oatmeal with soy milk. Snack protein bar, or fruits. Lunch is usually chicken salad, or sometimes 1 roti with veggies and brown rice(Saturdays), dinner is either soup, or salad sometimes roti.
  • minusonali
    Options
    i do workout. Find it hard to eat over 1,200 used to eat less than that started upping my calories idk if i should increase it even more
  • HerkMeOff
    Options
    i do workout. Find it hard to eat over 1,200 used to eat less than that started upping my calories idk if i should increase it even more

You're hungry because your body needs fuel.
  • minusonali
    Options
    how do i start to increase my calorie intake
  • HerkMeOff
    Options

Eat more...
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    eat more..

/end thread
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options
    I agree if you are hungry eat more... start upping your calories.....
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    op add in a serving of ice cream a day, that should get you an extra 200 cals a day ...
  • Confuzzled4ever
    Confuzzled4ever Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    Go here
    http://scoobysworkshop.com/calorie-calculator/
    answer the questions and get your BMR and TDEE

That will tell you what you need to eat.. Your minimum calorie goal should be your BMR number. Ideally you'll eat back your exercise calories. But take it one step at a time.

What do you mean by "days you can't eat meat"?

I eat 8-12oz of meat per serving along with a boatload of veggies.

If you are lifting weights, you should eat more protein. Make it your focus. I plan my meals around making sure they are high protein. It help me feel fuller and I get to eat a lot. My dinner today was a huge over flowing plate of food, but less then 500 calories. In the beginning had to force myself to make a shake and drink it for breakfast, I also had to set reminders on my phone to tell me to eat every 2-3 hours. It also helps to have a scale and weigh everything. You might not be eating what you think you are eating.

If you're hungry eating a bowl of ice cream will probably not help. But eating a substantial meal will.
  • Zardeenah
    Zardeenah Posts: 15
    Options

Add a tablespoon of peanut butter to your breakfast, a teaspoon of oil with your lunch and dinner.
  • HootOwl0
    HootOwl0 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    For myself, I had to reduce all processed foods. Breads, crackers, juice, (simple carbs) no added sugars and turn to real foods. I filled up on Kale, shredded cabbage, broccoli, dried or fresh legumes/beans (not canned). I still counted calories, but the Hunger went away. Do the research.
  • Glossysweets
    Options
    Instead of the egg white in the morning add a whole egg, that will help a bit. Perhaps try adding some yogurt at one point in the day and if you can add in a snack between lunch and dinner.

The peanut butter suggestion, or almond butter or any other good nut butter was a great comment. Add that to your oatmeal in the morning or maybe even spread on some of your roti (you wouldn't believe how good that tastes). You can even make a roti sandwich with peanut butter and bananas (if you like that type of thing).

Veggies like carrots, celery, and cucumber are great as snacks and you can incorporate a nut butter for dipping or any kind of hummus. Snack on things like nuts and seeds.

A great dessert is dates and peanut butter - yummy and satisfying and will add some calories. If you want something easy then consider adding in drinks - like a smoothie (soy milk or almond milk with a banana, kale, fruit, and protein powder - just a suggestion).

It is great to find out how much you should be consuming though so definitely check out what your TDEE is and up it to that, especially if you are working out. When you raise it keep logging your food too especially since you are adding things like nut butter because you would be surprised how quickly things like that can get out of hand.

Good luck.
  • minusonali
    Options
    thanks! I can't eat meat on days my mother does poja its this Indian thing. On saturdays no meat(chicken, fish, eggs etc) .