Cookbook for Beginners

Options
Happy New Year!

One of my new year's resolutions is to start cooking! My goal is to cook at least one meal a week utilizing a cook book. I know I can easily just find recipes online, but I'd like to have something handy that I can just go to.

I'm not too picky. I'd like a book with a variety of recipes, but simple enough for beginners like myself.

Thanks in advance!

Replies

• RaeN81
    RaeN81 Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    Cooking Light Complete Cookbook.
  • UpToAnyCool
    UpToAnyCool Posts: 1,673
    Options
    bumpity bump.
  • Miss_Chievous_wechange
    Miss_Chievous_wechange Posts: 1,230 Member
    Options
    I have several really good cookbooks: Hungry Girl cookbooks, Flat Belly Diet Cookbooks (I don't follow the diet, but they have some really good recipes), and Jillian Michaels Master Your Metabolism Cookbook. I use all of them all the time and they are easy and family friendly.
  • almorrow1s
    almorrow1s Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    The new Weight Watchers cookbook is pretty good.
  • staceyb_2003
    staceyb_2003 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    I keep a notepad of recipes i've done in the past i usually jot them down of the net and if they work out then i stick them n my notebook for easy access next time.
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options
    I started making my own recipe book in 2007 and now its bloomed to almost 50 recipes! I got my recipes off the internet just google’ing around for easy ones with as few ingredients as possible, foods we normally ate and then reduced the fat/cals and calculated the WW points (this is all before I discovered MFP). I then took photos of my creations so I keep it in a binder. Family and friends are so impressed and hubby is happy too I suddenly became a cook after 9 years of dating (2007), lol!

I highly recommend you keep your money and use MFP and the internet as your resource.

Here are some of my photos;

chicken.jpgBruscetta.jpg
    Picture082.jpg
    pasta.jpg
    Picture.jpg
    Picture068.jpg
    beans.jpg
    Picture089.jpg
    Picture157.jpg
  • staceyb_2003
    staceyb_2003 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    now i'm hungry lol !!
  • LindaSueBakk
    LindaSueBakk Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Betty Crocker Cookbook. So great for beginners! (Almost tells you how to boil water LOL) And also gives calories.
  • emmyvera
    emmyvera Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    so heather, what time is dinner tonight? :laugh: not only do your foods look delicious the photos are AWESOME!!! :love:

i agree with heather. creating your own cookbook/collection and online research is a great idea!

i love food, love cooking and have tons of cookbooks. i do use them, HOWEVER, i've found that using what i have on hand in the kitchen then pairing it with an online recipe is most economical for me. sometimes i will find a great recipe out my cookbook, be at home and then realize that i need to go back to the store and buy like 10 ingredients or something.

like tonight.... i know we have chicken and ham......... so i found a healthy recipe for chicken cordon bleu at Eating Well.com!

this is what i do with my time at work, i know - it's terrible! :bigsmile:
  • NicoleL83
    NicoleL83 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    That looks delicious. Would you mind sharing your recipe for the pancakes. My husband loves them and I trying to find a lower calorie or fat recipe! thanks
  • MilfShakeIt
    MilfShakeIt Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Dang Heather! If you want to put some together and sell them I'd buy it!

That looks good! :love: