Do you eat less the next few days after a binge?

Options
My parents held a party today, and I ate about 2300+ calories (I maintain at around 1500 kcals ... so it's a lot for me). That's almost two days worth of food. Anyway, I thought about eating very little tomorrow (kind of taking it as a 'fast' day) so that I meet my weekly goal.

What do you guys think? Do you eat less after going over one day, or just return to your normal deficit?

Replies

• PurpleCupcakes01
    Options
    I just return to my normal deficit.
  • Life0fbrian
    Life0fbrian Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Dont eat less, eat right, eat clean, just eat normal and healthy, no need to eat less food because of a mistake or earned day.

it is in the past and should not alter your future.

:)
  • rencawdor24
    rencawdor24 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I tend to allow myself one binge day a week. And then return to my normal calorie.
    I'm not very good at limiting my calories, and having that binge once a week of eating what I like, seems to help me stay on track the rest of the week.

So I binged yesterday and must have eaten 2400 calories. From today I am back to my normal calorie intake which is 1400 cals.
  • d3m1urge
    d3m1urge Posts: 38
    Options
    I return to my normal deficit. It happens. It won't matter
  • logg1e
    logg1e Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    I prefer to eat less and exercise lots beforehand.
  • maciekhora
    maciekhora Posts: 3
    Options
    listen to all ppl above :) if you are not preparing for a contest or something like that just return to your normal deficit :)
    "everything is for people, dont be paranoic" :)
    good luck in maintaining diet !:)
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    I tend to automatically eat less, I just don't feel too hungry in the next 2-3 days after a binge. Sometimes even struggle to hit my minimum calories. It could be hormones or something.

In general, since I have wide calorie range, I don't consider my binges to be binges apart from special cases where I eat over maintenance. In those cases I try to keep my maximum calorie limit lower for a week or so.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    If I eat less, it just brings me to another binge down the road... so I go back to normal.
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,899 Member
    Options
    You maintain at 1500? Really? Do you sleep all day?
  • ritan7471
    ritan7471 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I just return to my normal deficit. If I think about figuring how much I went over and then cutting my next few days' calories to try to compensate, I think I would get discouraged.
  • Jruzer
    Jruzer Posts: 3,501 Member
    Options
    I do, but my binges are huge: 3000-5000 calories over maintenance. A little more restriction seems to be necessary so that I don't slowly ratchet upward.
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    Fast? What for? Just move on.