best workout for back of thighs

Options
HEY ALL...I NEED TO FIND A GOOD WORKOUT THAT IS AFFECTIVE THAT WILL SMOOTH AND WORKOUT THE BACK OF MY THIGHS AND OUTSIDE. I HAVE DIMPLES AND I WANT TO GET RID OF THEM! IVE BEEN DOING A TON OF CARDIO AND NOW THAT IT IS WARMER IM STARTING UP SWIMMING. NEED SOME SUGGESTIONS THAT HAVE WORKED FOR YOU ALL.

THANKS

BTW...IM ME IF YOU WANT OR ADD AS FRIEND :)

Replies

• wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options
    Well, you cannot spot reduce like you are thinking, unfortunately. But you can continue losing weight and start strength training to improve your overall composition.

Squats, deadlifts, Straight legged deadlifts, glute bridges, and/or hip thrusts are all great leg exercises.

Protip: Turn off capslock.
  • sshintaku
    sshintaku Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Fitnessblender has a couple pretty good leg focused workouts, but yeah, overall weight loss and a mix of cardio + strength! plus some patience! is your best bet.
  • lisalsd1
    lisalsd1 Posts: 1,521 Member
    Options
    Hate to break it to you, but cardio won't do anything for the dimples...it will just make your thighs smaller (with dimples). Been there, done that. Squats, deadlifts, hamstring curls work.
  • vorgas
    vorgas Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    Check out this girl and see just how effective cardio is: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1222939-look-what-3-years-of-lifting-can-do
  • thatonegirlwiththestuff
    thatonegirlwiththestuff Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    Yeah F that cardio noise. You'll be a smaller version of yourself. Hit the weights.
  • wonderwoman234
    wonderwoman234 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    While you can't spot reduce, I have found that my legs look more tight and toned because of heavy lifting. I noticed after the first 10 lbs I lost.

I do weighted squats using a barbell (I'm up to 60 lbs. so far...), a leg press machine, a hamstring curl machine, alternating lunges, step ups, butt blaster machine. I also do 5 days of cardio a week - usually spinning 2-3 times a week and Cybex Arc Trainer machine for the remaining days. Spinning kicks my butt!
  • jason_adams
    jason_adams Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    You need a workout that will get your heart going, burn calories and help promote some muscles - that you enjoy, motivates you to get to the next one, and keeps you coming back.

I'm not in the no-cardio camp. I think it's an ... incomplete message. What I think they're actually trying to say is: "don't diddle around on the cardio machines. You should be breathing hard and sweating lots by the end of your session. And you can get a good cardio workout from weights too, don't forget!"

Interval training - hit it and quit it. 10-30 mins per session.
    Circuit training - make sure you're still aiming for failure on each set.
    Supersets - Pick push/pull style exercises. Do one, then the other, then rest (a little). You can go heavier on these (6-10 reps). But aim to hit failure only on your last set.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    YOU CAN'T SPOT REDUCE. RIGHT NOW YOU'RE ABOUT HALFWAY TO YOUR GOAL WEIGHT AND YOUR THIGHS SHOULD START LOOKING BETTER AS YOU GET CLOSER TO GOAL WEIGHT
  • zerryz
    zerryz Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    After weight lifting, his is the best I found to build muscles in the back of the legs, with glutes and abs as an added bonus. They only started to show, sticking out, more defined, as I lost more fat though. Good luck.

http://youtu.be/GzBBaOSsUaM
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    Those dimples are cellulite. Nothing gets rid of cellulite, except reducing overall body fat. You do this by lifting heavy weights and eating at a deficit.

Oh, and stop shouting, please.
  • rockinsockstaliea
    rockinsockstaliea Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    thank you everyone! I already do cardio so i will start the lifting. all great advice! :) hitting the gym today after work.
  • JaysWays
    JaysWays Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Yes I agree Lifting will Help you out so much! Make sure you squat. ;-) Drop it like its Hot!;-) If you ever need any help on lifting coming up with a good routine I can help you! Just message me! Strength Training, and good clean eating will get you where you want to be or even further!