Tattoo and football

Options
Simple question - probably been covered here before to be honest, so apologies in advance.
Have a sitting for a tattoo today and last football match of the season on Saturday ( soccer for some of you ) and I'm now a little worried that the timings might be too close.
Anyone ever had a Tattoo done then gone pretty much straight back to a contact sport?
It's on my shoulder and about 4 inches x 5 - so not like it's a massive back piece or anything.
Any advice or personal experience would be much appreciated.

Replies

• Miss_james1990
    Miss_james1990 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I don't see how it would matter? Providing you tell everyone no patting you on the back lol
  • Kr1ptonite
    Kr1ptonite Posts: 789 Member
    Options
    I don't think you should do any contact sport for at least 1 1/2 weeks. I usually take 2 weeks before I do any contact sport. So you give the tattoo time to heal up. You could ruin the tattoo, if not careful.
  • BigDougie1211
    BigDougie1211 Posts: 3,530 Member
    Options
    I don't think you should do any contact sport for at least 1 1/2 weeks. I usually take 2 weeks before I do any contact sport. So you give the tattoo time to heal up. You could ruin the tattoo, if not careful.

Might have to cancel then, would hate to miss last game of the season.
    Thanks.
  • OllyReeves
    OllyReeves Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    Football isn't a contact sport. You should be fine. If it was rugby then no chance.
  • Miss_james1990
    Miss_james1990 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Football isn't a contact sport. You should be fine. If it was rugby then no chance.

This is what I was getting at, however I know some males think i am challenging their manliness and get all defensive when football is involved :laugh:
  • OllyReeves
    Options
    Although having said that, the Sunday league stuff can be pretty brutal.

Might be better to be safe than sorry
  • OllyReeves
    Options

This is what I was getting at, however I know some males think i am challenging their manliness and get all defensive when football is involved :laugh:

Yes, that is true (I'm not a football fan I'm afraid!)
  • Dragonnade
    Dragonnade Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Football totally is a contact sport. Sunday League stuff even more so. It's fouls that aren't allowed. I wouldn't risk it if I were you. Too high a risk that you'll mash it up.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    Football (soccer) is a contact sport. Just because you're not hitting each other with 30 lbs of pads...

I've gotten several tattoos, and the guy always says not to work out for some time afterwards. I usually give it a week or two. I'd reschedule your session.
  • BigDougie1211
    BigDougie1211 Posts: 3,530 Member
    Options

It is the way I play it.

Na, all kiddin aside, cheers for the advice folks. Appreciate it.