Aching lower back

Options
anyone have any wholistic solutions to an aching back? Natural remedies are preferred :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: thanx!

Replies

• Melroxsox
    Melroxsox Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    anyone have any wholistic solutions to an aching back? Natural remedies are preferred :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: thanx!
  • LMKupizza
    Options
    If you have a aching lower back its probably because you have tight hamstrings.... I have that problem and your hammys pull on your lower back muscles... another way to strengthen that is to do a lot of abs.... now was far as meds go or natural remedies... stretching is the only one!!!
  • Skittles6617
    Skittles6617 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    try laying on a heating pad, it will relax the muscles
  • jamerz3294
    jamerz3294 Posts: 1,824 Member
    Options
    There are some nonnarcotic pain relievers out there as well, no it's not natural, but they can help. Being as I'm an old fart and all (nope, not bald yet, hehehe...) I have found that heat really does help my aching lower back muscles. Try taking a how shower, as hot as you can stand it, for as long as you cantake it (but do be careful and don't parboil you self). Also, sports cremes can be helpful (Icy Hot, Bengay, etc). And yes, do stretching and flexibility exercises as well as the muscle toning ones. And, believe it or not, if I don't drink enuff water thru the day, that has an effect as well.
    Good luck, and plz let us know what works for you as it may help some of us too... :flowerforyou:
  • hnlymark
    hnlymark Posts: 191
    Options
    Stretching really helps me. I like; left foot over right, twist upper body to the left and bend down to touch toes (or in that general direction in my case). Switch sides and repeat. Also, fluffy beds KILL my back.