I need ideas to eat more!

Options
DaivaSimone
DaivaSimone Posts: 657 Member
Ok, this is half-true.

Everynight this week, I've been to bed with plenty of exercise calories that I haven't ate back. A part of this is because I don't want to eat all of them (because I don't use HRM, and I'm suspicious about the huge amount of burned calories given by MFP everytime I made some exercise), and the other part is that I just don't know what to eat after dinner to hit my goal.

I'm often exercising later in the day, so I don't want to eat back any calories before exercising (I'm always afraid that I will choke my workout), but when I'm finally exercising, I cook dinner right after (which is around 500 cals usually) and then I still have plenty of cals to eat and I don't know what to eat to fill them.

Sure, I can take a beer and grab a bag of chips and I will eat 300 cals more (and I suppose that I will do this from time to time), but I'm looking for something more nutrient-dense for now (and, ideally, savory). Any ideas?

Replies

• SnuggleSmacks
    SnuggleSmacks Posts: 3,732 Member
    Options
    Hummus and whole grain chips.

Pickle and nut butter sandwich.

Glass of wine.
  • cweaver1981
    cweaver1981 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Maybe try some nuts, peanut butter and banana, or veggies with hummus.
  • weightliftingdiva
    weightliftingdiva Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    Can you cook a larger portion of dinner, and then maybe have a second helping as snack?

You could make ranch Greek yogurt dip with full fat yogurt and dip some veggies.

A couple of hard-boiled eggs in a wrap/tortilla with whatever sauce/dressing/seasoning you'd like.

Nuts! There are lots of savory roasted nuts but they have a tendency to get on the expensive side.
  • SailorSarah311
    SailorSarah311 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Any fruits or veggies will do the trick. Maybe some Greek yogurt with granola and fruit. Then your brain will think it's dessert. I would stay clear of any fatty/oily foods. Nuts are good. Anything packed with a lot of healthy ingredients.
  • jkwolly
    jkwolly Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    Ice cream, wine, beer, peanut butter or cheese... my favourite choices :love:

Also - get an HRM! You can find ones on eBay for super cheap, and you'll get a way more accurate calorie burn.
  • JoelleAnn78
    JoelleAnn78 Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    1.5oz Bourbon & diet soda -- 108 calories
    Ice cream sandwich - 110 calories

Oh, wait, that's me after dinner....... :ohwell:
  • itodd4019
    itodd4019 Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    LOL I was gunna recommend a drink too.

easy cal load up = Almonds and dried cranberries
  • eldamiano
    eldamiano Posts: 2,667 Member
    Options
    Peanuts
  • Quiche867
    Quiche867 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Marcona almonds are so delicious (or any kind of nuts). Hummus or any other bean dips with veggies are a good savory snack too. You could get creative with popcorn too!
  • DaivaSimone
    DaivaSimone Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    I would love to drink bourbon every night, but I'm not sure if it's a good idea! ;)

I'm not really a nut girl (I'm more on the chips side...), but I may try some of them.

I already eat hummus and dips of all sort during the day, but I can try another round before bed.

Thank you for your advice! Please continue to give suggestions if you have some. :)
  • janinelambiase
    Options
    bump for following.
    I work out late evening to and wonder if I really need each back those calories right before bedtime.....hmmmm