New vegetarian to the site and amazed at how much I eat!!..;

Options
Greetings to all - this is the first time I have been on the website ( been doing everything via the iphone app ) and I am impressed at the little community here! Joined up to keep track of my eating - a vegetarian and a lover of dorritos I have a lot of work to do to regulate my eating out of "empty calories" and into things more beneficial! Have severely low iron due to bad eating habits ( not being a veggie ) so need to be careful! - Hope to meet a few more like minded women who want to weight-lift?...is there any more in the UK?....;-)

Replies

• HeidiMightyRawr
    HeidiMightyRawr Posts: 3,343 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    I'm from the UK too :) not a veggie but am into weight-lifting (started a few years ago a while before I joined MFP) Everyone here is so supportive, really motivates me to exercise when I may not feel like it, especially love hearing everyones success stories!!
  • DanL66712
    DanL66712 Posts: 135
    Options
    Hi, UK here as well, London to be exact.

I was on and off this site for a little bit, now time to really go for it. Would love to enter the London Marathon in 2012!

The people here are pretty decent and will help out a lot. Feel free to add me etc etc

Dan
  • esthersnippe
    esthersnippe Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    hi! I am a vegan from London too...it would be great to swap some recipes/restaurants!
  • BlueSkye
    Options
    Hey, im a veggie living in Hertfordshire at the mo :) oh and dorritos are yummmmm.
  • Kittykat5483
    Options
    Well now I feel especially loved..:-)..
    Am trying to reduce my dorrito intake and increase the carrot stick intake instead..
    Am also eating cottage cheese with everything...and broad beans which need some
    help cause they're stinking!! I love Quorn by the way...:-)
    It's been a while since I started MFP and there will be a lot of " KK5483 hasn't logged in months, please check for self induced dorrito coma" but alas only when one sees ones horrendous intake of food in print does one put ones paw back in ones pocket and step away from the vending machine! Because "just this once" will hurt when I get back on my bike and realise how many calories it will take to shift...:-)
  • I'm in the US, but also a vegetarian and new to the site... I have the hardest time coming up with a variety of healthy, easy to prepare vegetarian meals so if you have any recipe ideas please post! :smile: Best of luck on reaching your goals!