A Dancer's Diet??

Options
I'm in my late teens and I'm in my first year of Full time Dance training; I dance up to 6 hours a day; I'm a type 1 diabetic so I already lead a quite healthy diet but I cannot seam to lose weight. I'm not "fat" in the view of normal society but to be a dancer I need to be slender... Its just a fact. Are there any dancers out there or Type 1 diabetics who have successfully lost weight? no matter what I do I always seem to hover around 54 or 55 kg and it is frustrating as I dance so much and eat very healthily. I especially store fat around my belly button section; I have had that as long as I can remember.

Replies

• lessertess
    lessertess Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    I would suggest that you talk with a licensed dietician for advice. Between the high energy demands of dancing and your medical concerns, general info on the boards like this are unlikely to be medically sound or to meet your specific needs. It's also entirely possible that what you are seeing as "fat" around your stomach is just your natural body type. Women are shaped differenlty, some are flat, some are concave and some are convex. I've seen some incredibly talented dancers who have a naturally rounded stomach. It's like having 'good feet": although you can work and enhance what you have you can't overcome nature.