NEED SOME RECIPES!

dustyhuffman
dustyhuffman Posts: 13
edited September 22 in Food and Nutrition
I have a 5 and 4 year old and I am needing some easy quick healthy recipes to start trying! My 5 year old is picky and my 4 year old will try anything! But I am trying to go ahead and get them trying healthy foods now while they are young... I never ate anything healthy growing up (hints the weight problem!!!) And I didnt start liking very many veggies until after I had kids and for some reason I tried a few things and now LOVE them! Anyways... I would like to try some new things... I love cooking so I would love to start making some healthy meals!!!! Help me out please!!!!!! Thanks in advance!!!!!!!!!!

Replies

• katya143
    katya143 Posts: 313 Member
    I got many ppl into this, very kid friendly! yes even with the onion!!! cooked Pasta, ground turkey browned with onion until translucent, no oil in the pan...ADOBO (i like adobo with cumin) and light sour cream about half a container all mixed together....delish! i call it my ground turkey stroganoff!
  • Awesome thanks for that!!! Both kids actually like pasta so maybe this one will be a hit!!!!
  • Hi, I find that my daughter loves pasta so I make a huge pan on bolognese sauce from lean mince steak, beef oxo cubes (2-3), Onion, fresh or frozen garlic, pasata, tinned tomatoes, mixed herbs (dried or fresh but great if you add fresh basil)... I then just add whatever I have in the fridge i.e. peppers, courgettes, celery, mushrooms, carrots (finely chopped). When my daugher was younger I tended to blend it so that the veggies were still in there but she didn't know! Then I have lots of the sauce with a limited amount of pasta, I do try and always buy wholemeal pasta too... habbit of doing slimming world diet, I tend to try follow the same principles of SW and limit my carb intake generally. You can then have a small amount of half fat cheese on the top too. It's really tasty and if you make quite a lot it's good to freeze and then you can have it to hand whenever you need a quick fix meal.

Hope this helps :-)
This discussion has been closed.