Biggest Loser

Options
SO last night I get home and my hubby was suppose to have made dinner. He didn't. So we went out. He wanted McDonald's. I told him I cant eat that. So he goes on about yes you can. Just exercise. So i'm like whatever. I did get the grilled chicken sandwich and small fries. Luckily when I got home I was still within my calories. But because I ate something I didn't think I should I didn't even want to exercise. But I started watching the Biggest Loser and got up and sat on my exercise bike and did that for 30 minutes and then did my own Biggest Loser for Wii. I felt great afterwards!!!!

My hubby is one of those that thinks he knows everything. and tells me what I need to do if I want to really lose weight. I tell him when I see you doing what you say I will listen!!!

He supports me but only so much. But I'm used to it. I'm not doing this for him!

Replies

• staceyb_2003
    staceyb_2003 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    My bf is the same he is always wanting to cook huge meals and sometimes i feel guilty sometimes i would just prefer a sandwhich but he will moan cos i havent had a meal that he cooks sometimes his meals are like 700-800 calories often more
  • okcmomto3
    okcmomto3 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    They just dont understand. :(
  • AngieSWatson
    Options
    I know how you feel my husband does the same thing. He says "oh this is not going to make a difference" or "I love you just the way you are". Which all of it is wonderful but I would rather he say lets go for a walk or gym. Today is my first day and I watched the biggest loser last night also it was inspiring!
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options
    I hear ya!! The important thing is you conquered and didn't let the guilt get you down, you got up and did something to help counteract it!!!
  • atomiclauren
    atomiclauren Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    It's really important to support you and understand why you're making these decisions about food and exercise.. Maybe it's time to eat separate dinners -- seriously. And who knows, he may come around!
  • KanCrav
    KanCrav Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    I cook for my husband and my little brother... i have to COOK ALOT!!!>.. so of course I cant make them eat everything I do, so instead If I am making something for dinner that I cant eat too much of it, i just eat a nice big salad before we eat dinner... then by the time we sit down to eat, I can leave out the carbs and only eat a small portion. So that way, if its high in calories I only eat a small portion.

On another note, me and my husband have only been married for 4 years, and I already figured out not to count on him for "weight loss support" ... Hes in the army, so the MAKE him work out... then he doesnt understand why I cant get up at 5am and work out.. ?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? ..... yet he doesnt seem to notice that when he is off work for 4 days he doesnt do much but roll out of bed to use the bathroom!~!...

So, thats why we are all here... we will support each other on MFP and just let our husbands tell us "what they THINK we want to hear" ........ everyone wins!~!