Ladies-

Options
Do you record your weigh in during TOM if you know you've gained due to bloating and just the normal suckiness of being a woman?

Replies

• princesslsg
    princesslsg Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I record it just because I know next weigh in won't be as crappy! Plus the week after the number you see is so much more reassuring you're on the right track!
  • StaciMarie1974
    StaciMarie1974 Posts: 4,138 Member
    Options
    My scale automatically uploads my #. I used to delete entries that were not new lows, but stopped. Its helpful to see the trend.
  • jescamp9481
    jescamp9481 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I do upload it, but I dont let it bother me. the scale is only one way to measure success. the hardest thing for me is going to the gym during the TOM. I just dont feel like it. I make myself go, even it is just for 30 mins. Showing up is half the battle!
  • gaelicstorm26
    gaelicstorm26 Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    I get so frustrated about that! I really like to see the results on the scale as I'm pretty early into my journey here, and not being able to weigh tomorrow is frustrating. I'm retaining a serious amount of water right now (about 5 lbs I believe) and I can't wait for it to be gone. I admit that it is so hard to stick with the plan when you can't see results on the scale. I do it anyhow though, because I know I'll be thankful for it next week!
  • ew_david
    ew_david Posts: 3,473 Member
    Options
    Sure, if it's a loss
  • Egon9123
    Egon9123 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I for sure get bloated during that time and water weight. I usually avoid measuring or weighing until the bloating goes down.
  • logg1e
    logg1e Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    "General suckiness of being a woman"???

I weigh and record even though it's generally 25% less of a loss than usual. I want to learn more about my body and to accept it.
  • PinkyFett
    PinkyFett Posts: 842 Member
    Options
    I always skipped that weigh in.
  • Squamation
    Squamation Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    I track every weigh in. It keeps me focused.
  • MrsJennaKwasniewski
    MrsJennaKwasniewski Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    My scale automatically uploads my #. I used to delete entries that were not new lows, but stopped. Its helpful to see the trend.

My scale doesn't automatically upload the numbers but, on my weight in day I will always track it even if it is a gain for the same reason that it is helpful to see the trend.
  • lollipoprincess
    lollipoprincess Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    ....We stay fly no lie and you know it BALLIN

No i do not.
  • GreenIceFloes
    GreenIceFloes Posts: 1,491 Member
    Options
    Nope, I don't. I gain up to 5-6 lbs, so I know it won't be accurate. And so, what's the point. I check right after Tom goes away.
  • bizgirl26
    bizgirl26 Posts: 1,808 Member
    Options
    I tend to only record losses because if the scale goes up I try to do something different to bring it back down
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    I log every Friday - no matter what the scale says. This way I can see the trends and there's no being in denial - I don't like pretending the scale only goes down.
  • lindsey1979
    lindsey1979 Posts: 2,395 Member
    Options
    I weigh several times a week and record it. I find it really helpful to compare times similar times of the month as water weight can fluctuate so much. I think I saw that recommended in a Lyle McDonald article and found it really helpful -- plus, it helps me keep a greater, more realistic perspective.
  • psych101
    psych101 Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options
    haha I never log the week of TOM - Im usually my lightest right before so I'll log that, then wait until the dreaded visitor has gone ;)