Words of Encouragement

Options
Hi, so I guess I need to go right back to the beginning. I joined this site nearly 600 days ago, why because I was overweight, was diabetic, high cholesterol , pulse rate was 72 at rest. Ok so I was a mess :)) so it got me thinking the cause of all this was me, nobody else. So i needed to know how much I was eating, for a week I wrote down everything I was eating and drinking. Shock, horror!!! Nearly 3,000 calories a day. 3,000 calories = 1lb in weight. The main problem was not only eating junk food but. Also eating between meals. Drastic I know but I reduced my calories to 1300 daily and started cycling. The weight has now melted away, losing 90lbs so far. So here is the shock and surprise have just had a series of blood tests done and a medical. Results, not diabetic, cholesterol 4.1. Pulse rate at rest 49. But hey I am cycling 170 miles per week:))
Finally, I have the most amazing support team on this site, did I say support team? No what I meant to say is the best friends I have ever had. Remember your body is on loan, you do not own it so look after yourself and live life to the full.

Replies

• Just_Maddy
    Just_Maddy Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Wow 92? Congratulations! It really seems you've gained A LOT from this experience :)

You made me realize I really need to learn to appreciate my efforts. It's funny how last week I was feeling super lousy like my efforts weren't paying off. Well today I've made it to 50 lbs off o.O I remember seeing others with a 50 lbs loss and thinking when I'm there I will feel EPIC. Well I'm there as of today and I'm shocked it really doesn't feel like it's been that long.

I think you get more credit 'cause of the number of conditions you used to have, that takes a lot of courage! You make us all proud and a huge motivation to know in the end it's all possible.

52580689.png
  • motivatenikki
    motivatenikki Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    you are both tremendous inspirations! congratulations on sticking with MFP and this lifestyle. never doubt how far you have come and what you can accomplish!
  • JulieE1002
    JulieE1002 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    92 pounds is nearly an entire person! You should be sooooooo proud of what you have accomplished! You have found the strength and self-control that you need to succeed. Stay the course - it's a long journey, but the continued rewards are awesome. Congratulations on your new healthy body and mind! :flowerforyou:
  • Mindfreak1999
    Mindfreak1999 Posts: 272
    Options
    Thanks for your comments :))
  • SCSTWG
    SCSTWG Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the words. While there are many reasons and motivations for people starting the weight loss journey, nothing trumps improved health.
  • perseverance14
    perseverance14 Posts: 1,364 Member
    Options
    Great job, I am so happy for you!
  • Darcyclementine
    Darcyclementine Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Wow - words of wisdom :smile:
  • InsanityForMe
    InsanityForMe Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Congrats!! It is so inspirational to see messages like yours. It gives people motivation that they can do it too! Thanks so much for sharing.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!