baby leaf spinach ideas

Options
2»

Replies

• dmmarie21
    dmmarie21 Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I made a spinach saute last night! It was wonderful.

I kind of just estimated everything, but, this is what I did:

3 cloves roughly chopped garlic
    3/4 of a LARGE container of fresh spinach (those plastic pre-washed ones)
    1/4 of a red onion- diced
    a "splash" of red wine
    cooking spray
    baby mushrooms
    1/2 lime

First, I sprayed the pan, sauteed the onion and mushrooms (I used the petite ones, so I just cut them in half), added the garlic, added a little wine, added the spinach and let it wilt for a few minutes. I used the juice of half a lime, cooked a few seconds longer and sprinkled with lemon pepper. My fiance actually loved it, and he usually doesn't like spinach!
  • mfurn
    mfurn Posts: 1
    Options
    I love baby leaf spinach with a few fresh strawberries and little tangerine oranges tossed in, then for the dressing take the juice from the orange and mix with a little pear infused vinegar, touch of olive oil, sweetner, toasted sesame seeds lightly toss in with the spinach and fruit. toss in a few toasted almond slivers. Very good! and Good for you!
  • tvalk79
    tvalk79 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    sprinkle balsamic vinegar on 1.5 cups spinach. cut up 6 cherries (they have them at costco now, but you can also use craisins all year round) and 3 oz chicken breast from rotisserie chicken. Top with 1 tbsp (I use cibo naturals from costco) pesto sauce and mix it all up. It's the pesto that makes the salad! so much better taste than any dressing I use.

a little sweet, and little savory , and only about 300 calories
  • Kirstie_C26
    Kirstie_C26 Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    i had baby leaf spinach stir fried with mushrooms n red peppers 2nite with a roast chicken breast n some soy sauce for my dinner and it was lovely :D

best wishes
    Kirstie x
  • niclagi
    niclagi Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I make my breakfast smoothie every morning with spinach and you cannot taste it I SWEAR. Just add it to a berry smoothie recipe and you're all good :)

How much spinich do you use for your smoothie?
  • niclagi
    niclagi Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I use spinich, chicken breast, mandarins and cashews. I don't use any dressing since the mandarins have plenty of juice in them.