Muscles + 100lb Weight Loss

Options
2»

Replies

• ziggypop93
    ziggypop93 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Thanks all for the kind words. To answer some questions and clear up potential confusion, what ninerbuff posted is absolutely correct, if you are trying to lose a substantial amount of weight, you won’t be packing on pounds and pounds of muscle. The calorie deficit that you are on for the weight loss doesn’t allow for this.

What you can do during your weight loss though is weight lifting and eating properly (hitting the right macros, especially your protein) to ensure that no or only minimal muscle mass is lost when the pounds are coming off. Once the pounds are dropping, the muscle definition will come through since the fat layers aren’t covering it up anymore.

It took me 18 months to get to my current weight, I started lifting heavy only 5 months ago. (The pictures are 2 months old so they show 3 months of lifting progress between the picture on the top right in the black dress and the flex photo).

Have you been following any specific lifting program? We have a rack, bar, bench and plates at home and I've been thinking of doing StrongLifts (well actually started and then my husband buried our weight bench under stuff when we cleaned out some closets in the house).
  • katkins73
    katkins73 Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    It's definitely possible. Here is a before picture, I am 5'4", 236lbs in this picture.
    Slide4_zps6f615c5a.jpg

This is after about a 90lb loss and lifting.
    photo4_zps4c033e08.jpg
    photo2_zps15a702cb.jpg

I still have another 15-20lbs to go and am hoping to lower my body fat percentage and tighten my stomach a bit but I am super happy with my muscle definition in my arms, back, and legs so far.

I have serious arm envy :laugh:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!