Are you a Christian mom/wife?

Options
Just reaching out to all Christian moms/wives out there! I thought it be awesome to make friends who are also followers of Christ and just be there for one another and lift each other up when we need it and even offer to pray for one another's needs or requests. I love posting scripture and I love talking about Jesus and what He has done for me, so if your ok with getting a little encouragement and support add me as a friend as well =) Be blessed. (Please no negative comments. If you aren't a believer then simply back out of this post. No need for rude comments. Thanks!)

Replies

• PurpleCupcakes01
    Options
    I love God, my husband, and my little monsters:) feel free to add me
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,526 Member
    Options
    There is a GROUPS section that you can create and invite others in to support each other whom have the same belief. Understand that when you post in an OPEN FORUM, anyone can voice an opinion whether you agree with it or not.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • InevitableButterfly
    InevitableButterfly Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    The Life of this Forum Thread

1. Thread born.
    2. Thread gets reported multiple times for being a divisive topic.
    3. Argument about religion.
    4. Argument about divisive topics.
    5. Personal attacks begin.
    6. More individuals reported.
    7. Thread locked/deleted.
    8. Warnings, strikes, bans issued to various members.

In the mean time:

KrAl1.gif

Maybe I'll be wrong.
  • aqualeo1
    aqualeo1 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    No, no, and no. Guess I'm out :(
  • calliegirl73
    calliegirl73 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    No kids here but I am a christian.
  • osothefinn
    osothefinn Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    So someone saying they want friends who are women, or have gastric surgery, or are a certain age, etc, are fine and dandy but this is flamebait? Nice.
  • madhatter2013
    madhatter2013 Posts: 1,547 Member
    Options
    In for the gifs...
  • jackpotclown
    jackpotclown Posts: 3,291 Member
    Options
    faceoff_zps3bd8dcae.gif
    \m/
  • ontherightpath14
    ontherightpath14 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Hi, feel free to add me. I am also a Christian mom and wife looking for support through this journey. I'd love to offer support as well.
  • AngieCook09
    AngieCook09 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
  • Escloflowne
    Escloflowne Posts: 2,038 Member
    Options
    There is a GROUPS section that you can create and invite others in to support each other whom have the same belief. Understand that when you post in an OPEN FORUM, anyone can voice an opinion whether you agree with it or not.

I don't see the issue, she isn't saying I'm going to hell for not believing in god, she is asking for friends who share the same beliefs... People need to chill out!

I.C.E. Cream Official Tester
    IKEA Professional Put Together-er
    Kickboxing Class Attender
    Been in fitness for about 2 years and have studied kitty-gif-ology, nutrition and Dinosaurs

tumblr_mcnsjxzPXg1ql5td3.gif
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    So someone who is new and looking for like minded people is supposed to know about the groups, start one, and have people magically appear?

Right.

I think I'm going to go report the "short woman looking for short friends" thread... clearly divisive. She should start her own group.
    Or the "Person with 100 pounds" to lose thread... he should go start a group and stop excluding people like me.

Welcome to MFP, OP... where it's ok to joke about pearl necklaces... but inappropriate to mention you believe in God.

haha
  • Galatea_Stone
    Galatea_Stone Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options

I don't see the issue, she isn't saying I'm going to hell for not believing in god, she is asking for friends who share the same beliefs... People need to chill out!

Been in fitness for about 2 years and have studied kitty-gif-ology, nutrition and Dinosaurs

tumblr_mcnsjxzPXg1ql5td3.gif

^This.

I don't meet her criteria, but not going to declare this divisive because she hasn't insulted anyone's beliefs.
  • osothefinn
    osothefinn Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    So someone who is new and looking for like minded people is supposed to know about the groups, start one, and have people magically appear?

Right.

I think I'm going to go report the "short woman looking for short friends" thread... clearly divisive. She should start her own group.
    Or the "Person with 100 pounds" to lose thread... he should go start a group and stop excluding people like me.

Welcome to MFP, OP... where it's ok to joke about pearl necklaces... but inappropriate to mention you believe in God.

haha

I like you.
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options

Right.

haha

Are we on the same forums? Those get axed too. It's not even okay to reference that you have breasts on here half of the time. :grumble:
  • EvanKeel
    EvanKeel Posts: 1,904 Member
    Options

(gif omitted for my sanity)

I don't think anyone is saying there is an issue yet, just that these forums are what they are and that the OP might feel more welcome in a more controlled environment that specifically suits her demographic.

In my own observations, a mention of religion of any sort as means of connecting with other people of like religion seem to make people who don't happen to meet that criteria feel excluded. I'm sure that's not the intention, but there you go.

EDIT: for example, I am neither a parent nor am I Christian. My sole reason for even clicking on the thread at all was to see if it had imploded yet, even though I have no desire to add to the implosion.
  • butterfly_0104
    butterfly_0104 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me..Christian mom and wife here also
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    faceoff_zps3bd8dcae.gif
    \m/

Ha! So cute!!!
This discussion has been closed.